Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Comparison

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Can anybody please explain the significance of User Comparison in PFCG Transaction, while creating a user and assigning roles.

Thanks,

Abhishek

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member

User Comparison will reconcile the PROFILES within a user's account and make the necessary changes. This is especially true when you've assigned specific Valid-To dates for the roles on an account. If the Valid-To (expiry) date of a role has passed, the User Comparison will REMOVE the profile/role from that account.

As mentioned above, if you see a red button in PFCG this means that a User Comparison should be executed to help reconcile the profiles for the users. You can also see this in SU01 if a specific role has a red button.

As a suggestion, SAP recommends running the report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY once a day to perform a User Comparison and help 'clean up' the User Master Record for your system.

You can also do it manually using PFUD.

Hope this helps

Nigel

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plenty of info here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw21c/helpdata/en/52/6711ec439b11d1896f0000e8322d00/content.htm

Basically by doing a user compare (however you run it) you completely reconciles the roles and associated profiles with the user/s.

Former Member

PFCG does user master record comparison.

For example,

If u add tcode in a role, u have to do user comparision to reflect this changes to users.

Yellow light indicates user master record not compared properly.

Please always Make sure that green light should appear in PFCG.

<removed_by_moderator>

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 12, 2008 7:15 PM

Former Member

User Comparison will reconcile the PROFILES within a user's account and make the necessary changes. This is especially true when you've assigned specific Valid-To dates for the roles on an account. If the Valid-To (expiry) date of a role has passed, the User Comparison will REMOVE the profile/role from that account.

As mentioned above, if you see a red button in PFCG this means that a User Comparison should be executed to help reconcile the profiles for the users. You can also see this in SU01 if a specific role has a red button.

As a suggestion, SAP recommends running the report PFCG_TIME_DEPENDENCY once a day to perform a User Comparison and help 'clean up' the User Master Record for your system.

You can also do it manually using PFUD.

Hope this helps

Nigel

0 Kudos

>

This is especially true when you've assigned specific Valid-To dates for the roles on an account. If the Valid-To (expiry) date of a role has passed, the User Comparison will REMOVE the profile/role from that account.

Hi Nigel

In ECC6 at least, the roles will remain if time delimited & only the profiles are pulled. I'm pretty sure in previous versions it would remove both which makes more sense to me (we still have change logs we can use)

0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

I'm pretty sure in previous versions it would remove both which makes more sense to me (we still have change logs we can use)

Also in previous versions (3.1I,45B,46C,...) only the profiles are removed, if the role-validity expired.

One cause is, that in those old versions there were no change logs for role assignements. So it was possible only to have a look into SU01 to see, if a role was assigned once to a user in the past.(as long nobody removed that expired assignement )

brgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

Thanks for clarifying that

Cheers

Alex