cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

could not start Oracle102iSQL*Plus service on local computer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After installation of SAP on Oracle 10.0.2.0, iSQL*Plus service was running fine,I installed with USER:= Administrator

however after login with <SID>adm, it stopped working.I have tried to login back from Both the Users and running the service by assigning User name and Password to it.But it gave me the same error.

could not start Oracle102iSQL*Plus service on local computer.

Error 1067:The Process terminated unexpectedly

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. First check the event log on your Windows server, check the sqlnet.log. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I couldn't find anything in sqlnet.log,However in Event logs i found the following details

Faulting application isqlplussvc.exe, version 1.0.7.0, faulting module isqlplussvc.exe, version 1.0.7.0, fault address 0x000040b4.

The description for Event ID ( 17 ) in Source ( iSQL*Plus Application Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Failed to find ORACLE_HOME

I have also checked the Environment Variables.

Parameter ORACLE_HOME is also set.

I m using Oracle 10.0.2.0

Please advice

Thanks

Rahul

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

go into the service properties, copy the "path to executable"

now, open a command prompt and paste "path to executable" in the black box.

what error message do you get?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I get to see nothing there.

I tried to run the exe from command prompt ,it gave me no errors.

It went to next command prompt without doing anything or opening any other window.

Please advice ..Urgent

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Oracle102iSQL*Plus service is not essential to run Oracle. it is an engine to run SQL commands from your web browser.

you need to apply following patch

patch 10.2.0.2

plus minipatch 13.

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,however this service was running after installation,don't know when and how it went down.

Please advice.

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already told you that Oracle102iSQL*Plus service is not essential to run Oracle

is your problem solved?

problem resolved with patch 10.2.0.2 plus minipatch 13.

I'm not sure how it went down.

close this thread.

give some reward point to user who helps you

regards,

kausahl

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

minipatch 17 is available, so, better use the latest one.

and as others told you, this service is not essential and could even be a security risk. so,set this service startup method to DISABLED and ignore it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I Understand that this service is not essential to run Oracle,however i wanted to fix the problem by again Starting it.

I will apply the mentioned patches if required but i don't understand how can this resolve the problem, if the service ran fine after few days of installation.Its a new Installation and i have only applied few SAP support packages.

Please let me know where else can i look to find more error details.

Just to Update i m on Oracle=10.2.0.1.0

Please advice.

Regards,

Rahul

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Please let me know where else can i look to find more error details.

> Just to Update i m on Oracle=10.2.0.1.0

Oracle 10.2.0.1 is NOT supported to run SAP applications, you need to install 10.2.0.2 + the mentioned fix.

Markus