Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Cache: errors after reset

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm wondering if other customers have same problems with stability of DMS Client:

after reset of rfc cache (e.g. by reset via backend timestamp table) some EDMS clients have incomplete RFC cache. Since Patch 9 it seems to be enought to reset cache again from client but sometimes in past we also had to delete complete registry. Same if system is reinstalled and sometimes even after a client patch.

In detail: during refresh of cache client stumbles over something send from DVS backend. Then it stops refresh and only a part of functions is found by client. So functions like send as url or even BAPI_DOCUMENT_GET_DETAILS are missing in cache. For very unlucky users DMS Client even kills explorer or whole system. To give you a number: of 300 users / system at least 30% have to be reset again manually after each patch (each time another group if clients).

Thanks for any help on this,

Regards,

Frank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Dear Frank,

generally I would recommend you to completely un-install the former EasyDMS before you install a new Support Package. Removing the former version is necessary to avoid that any 'old' data is left on the PC and may lead to problems with EasyDMS.

Further I would recommend you also to reset the RFC Cache after the installation to get sure that all

function modules are cached again and possible changes are taken into account in EasyDMS. So your user should reset the RFC Cache after he installs a new EasyDMS to avoid problems.

Best regards,

Christoph