cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to trigger Validations related to project consistency check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a validation for project consistency check. But I am not finding a place in project profile similar to project definition and wbs element to add the trigger.

I have run the report RGUGBR00 also to activate the same.

It doesnot work unless it is triggered.

Can anybody help in knowing me where to add the trigger.

Regards,

Chandra Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not completely sure if this is what you are asking, but once you create your validation, you will need to specify the validation in the project profile (tcode OPSA). After the Basic data section, there is a section for validation. Under this section, you can specify the validation you would like to use for project definition and WBS elements.

Please reward points if helpful or elaborate on your question further.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the feedback.

There is no place in OPSA to specify the validation for project consistency check. It has only for project definition and WBS element. Which has already been used.

The project consistency check validation also needs to be triggered. I am not finding in project profile to add the validation.

Regards,

Chandra Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is already a validation in the project profile, you could edit the same validation to include your step to perform a consistency check. You could achive this by creating another step in the same validation in GGB0. You could create the step with its own prerequisite, check and message portions. The validation itself is triggered by the specification in the project profile and each step in the validation is executed if the prerequisites for that step are met.

Regards,

Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for you response.

The call up point for project consistency check should be after validations at a later point. I have added in the validation it doesnot get triggered there.

Regards,

Chandra Kumar