cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Name Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using cProjects 3.0.

Is there a procedure available that tells the steps needed to change a user name that also transfers the previously created projects?

This is needed when female employees marry and change their name or a employee leaves the company and a new employee needs to assume the previous employees unfinished projects.

Thanks,

Al

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I could not find the substitute option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is option on main screen of cProject from front end..

And make sure your id has access to that screen from SPRO > cProject > intial views

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very helpful answer. Caused me to re-examine the SU01 utility for a possible solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SU01 is ok but you can try with SUBSTITUTE

If you have employee A (BP no 001) has been allocated to project XYZ and then you want him to be replaced by Employee B (BP no 004) then you can directly assign him for all Tasks and projects by the functionality of Substitute

Im sure this ll solve your purpose for employee leaving company and another joining in his place.

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps !!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to change user id or user name.

If you want to change user name and address that can be done using SU01

however in this case user id wont be changed.

Secondly why you want to change user id?

if you take a case that Employee A leaves job and Employee B joins in his place, and if you change the Id of Employee A and assign to Employee B then all credit (Good things) as well as all wrong actions and dates are transferred to another person(Employee B in this case) .

There is however one function which you can explore.

This is called as Substitute.

Check in Main screen of cProjects

Niranjan

Award points if useful !