cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a new transport request for note 898614

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to set up the service desk function in the solution manager 4.0.

In the IMG I'm pointed to note 898614. Here the settings are described but not clear anough for me.

Here are the first two steps:

1) In transaction SCPR20, activate the following BC set:

SOLMAN40_SDESK_BASICFUNC_000. Activate this in expert mode with the option "Overwrite everythng".

2) Create a new transport request (transaction SE09) in the source client (000) of your Solution Manager system. Unpack the file Piecelist_Service_Desk_Init.zip from the attachment to this note. Copy the contents of the file Piecelist_Service_Desk_Initial.txt to the transport request. Use transaction SCC1 to import the transport

request to your Solution Manager client.

Unpack the BC sets contained in the file SOLMAN40_SDESK_SP04.ZIP.

In transaction SCPR20, activate the BC sets. The BC sets contain additional actions.

Activation must take place in expert mode using the option "Overwrite everythng".

Then, implement Note 931196 if necessary.

My question is how do I create a new transport request and how do I import the file Piecelist_Service_Desk_Initial.txt in to this request.?

If I press the button create in tr-se09 I could choose between 6 differend transports. Which wan do I have to choose?

And how to import the Piecelist_Service_Desk_Initial.txt file.

Kind regards,

Richard Meijn

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

go to SE09 in Client 000 and create a transport request of type workbench. You may use copy&paste from piecelist text file to add objects to your transport request.

Logon to your production client where you want to use Service Desk functionality and import that transport using transaction SCC1.

/cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Gurus:

I am taking over an SM7.0 system.

Could you tell me how to find out whether this transport has been applied to this system?

Thanks a lot!

Answers (0)