cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

spool request getting deleted

0 Kudos

We have a printer that generates a file at the OS level.

It generally creates 3 files. Out of these 3 files, 2 are getting deleted from the SAP system within half an hour of creation. Not from the OS level though.

When i search these spool files with their spool no. ( which i get from the application log), i get an error no list available. Cant find records for these spool requests in the TEmse either.

One denominator i have found between the 2 files that are getting deleted is that they are quite large in size. the one that doesnt getting deleted is normally 7-8 MB in size but these ones are 25 MB approx. I have checked my profiles and i dont see any parameter related to this that could be causing this.

Not running any spool clean back job either yet.

What else can i check, guys before turning some traces on ??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sahil,

Can't really understand what you are trying to do.

The spool request number is generated by spool process not the actual printer. Can you put a trace on your spool process and see what is happening there.

Regards,

Siddhesh

0 Kudos

what i am trying to say is that my spool request gets deleted from the system within half an hour of file output when the retention period is set to 8 days !!!

I cant look up the spool request anymore and cant see the record for it in the temse tables either...

Edited by: sahil shangari on Apr 25, 2008 4:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if this SAP Note helps :Note 927736 - Retention period of the temporary spool requests

0 Kudos

nope, this is only for the bc-con interface...

thanks though