PRODH & CO-PA Product Hierarchy
In our project , we had a three level product hierarchy structure with length of the each level being 5,5 and 8 respectively . Based on this, the characteristics fields in COPA were defined using the standard characteristics PAPH1 ,PAPH2 and PAPH3 . When doing this in CO-PA , SAP created domains RKEG_PAPH1 ,2 and 3 with similar length as the levels in structure PRODHS.
After this was completed , the product hierarchy structure has been changed in PRODHS to four levels with length as 4,4,4,4 respectively. As a result of that the domains RKEG_PAPH1 , 2 and 3 are not matching with the new structure and the PAPH1 to 3 characteristics in COPA have been made unusable.
To fix this SAP help is suggesting two things:
1) First change the number of characters in domains/data element RKEG_PAPH1 to 3 to match the new structure in PRODHS
2) Find out the list of tables/structure where RKEG_PAPH1 to 3 is used and perform a data conversion.
From the where used list , we are able to see that this are used in 21 structures which are in turn used in numerous programs, structures, BAPIs etc.
We would like to know :
1) What is impact of doing this on numerous programs, structures, BAPIs etc ?
2) How these data conversion is done and what utilities are used for the same? Is it required to do this as our project is still not live? Only Dev and Quality systems now running.
3) Potential issues that we may face?
4) Any other alternative solution.