cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with custom characteristic mapping from supplier to master catalog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus

I have an issue with mapping of the custom characteristic in catalog.

I created new characteristic in supplier catalog and I assigned this characteristic to corresponding characteristic in master catalog on schema level. This existing assignment can be displayed in edit catalogs=>Mapping=>Characteristic Assignment Overview.

However after choosing Mapping the mapping is executed technically with no errors but the content from custom characteristic is not transferred to corresponding characteristic in Master Catalog.

Thank you all for any useful hint

Kind regards

Miha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

imthiaz_ahmed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm not sure, did you publish it again after the change.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys

Thank you all for very good hints. Based on explorations finally I managed to map the custom category.

The core of the issue was that the characteristic in supplier catalog did not have exactly the sam attributes as in master catalog. After equalizing all attributes in both catalog the mapping was executed as expected.

Some points granted to you.

Best regards

Miha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

Thanks a lot for providing some hints. However I still stuck woth this issue.

@Renga

I have problem just inbetween your points 2 and 3. Namely, after mapping the content of the custom cerated characteristic is not being mapped from supplier to master catalog. Consequently point 3 (double checking that the master catalog has wanted content) fails. All the other data are mapped correctly to Master catalog apart of data from my custom characteristic.

Miha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

#2 After you "Assign Product Categories" and "Map Content" did you see your Source category mapped to content directly?

if not , check the supplier product category is available in master catalog. if not upload the schema, then try the mapping. (make sure that, custom characteristic is available in master as well)

Cheers, Renga

**Award point for helpfull answers***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here you go,

After you create custom characteristics.

1. Do Assign category.

2. Map contents.

3. Double check your master catalog has the mapped content.

4. Publish master catalog.

As per your message, you are not having any error message during import, which tells me that you are one step to close.

Cheers, Renga