cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigation Attributes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would like to Understand what actually Navigation Attributes mean.

What is its significance in DP & how do we create them.

How does it reflect in the system & advantages to using Navigational Attributes.

Regards,

Vishal.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

According to My research for using Navigaitonal attribute:

In case you want to drill down your Planning Book based on another parameter.

Incase you want to use a selection based on another parameter maintained in APO BW or coming from R/3.

The only thing you cant perform using Navigational attribute is Forecast.

We can even perform a macro function based on a navigational attribute.

What is your scenario?? are you comparing whether to use Navigational attribute with the characteristic.???

Give few more details.

Regards,

My

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

Navigational attributes are informational "tags" you can attach to the characteristics in your Planning Object Structure (POS). Note that navigational attributes can't stand alone -- they can only exist when attached to a characteristic. For example, we have a characteristic called "Sales Organization", for which we have navigational attributes of "World Region" and "Currency". We can then group all of the sales orgs together by world region. In this way you can add different levels of detail without introducing additional characteristics into your POS. You can ask your local BI/BW expert about navigational attributes, since they are often extensively used in BI.

Warning: You can't assign a forecast profile to a navigational attribute in DP. If you have already decided the level of detail at which you want to execute the forecast, all of those characteristics must explicitly be present in your POS. You may also run into the hassle of having to maintain all of the navigational attributes manually if they are not obtainable from your BI/BW system.

You can create / maintain navigational attributes for a characteristics using transaction /SAPAPO/RSD1. Select the characteristic, click the button for maintain. Then go to the tab for "Attributes" to see or add the attributes.

Dan