Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between the PI 7.1 and PI 7.0

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Please kindly give the differences between the PI7.1 and PI7.0.

Please don't mention the features of new PI 7.1as I already know the features and enhancements.

I need the differences between the version with comparing the their features.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Babu,

a)The message server and the enqueue server can be separated from the central instance (CI) to the ABAP SAP Central Services Instance (ASCS) in the ABAP stack

also (recommended)

In SAP NetWeaver 7.1 ,Only ASCS is supported

b)SAP has changed the signatures of the relevant Java classes,So in these cases the Java coding effort should only be "mere syntax check".

And...

1. PI 7.0 is the part of Netweaver 2004s and PI 7.1 is key entity in eSOA.

2. PI 7.1 have various mapping Enhancements as well as reusability of UDFs across the mappings etc. which is not available in PI 7.0

3. PI 7.1 comes with the concept of folders for more flexibale and Organized way of developements.

4.Advanced adapter engine is used in PI 7.1, which have overcome the various communication related limitations of previous versions

5.High Volume support in PI 7.1

*********Reward points ,if found useful

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

Go through this links...

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please don't mention the features of new PI 7.1as I already know the features and enhancements.

Features and enhancements are differences between PI7.1 and PI7.0.

SOA capabilities are included in PI7.1 with Enterprise Repository and Visual Composer along with middleware capabilities.

venkatanarayana_vagu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Yes I too agree, that features and enhancements are different.But what I am saying is I know the features and enhancements for PI 7.1 but I need a proper differences between PI7.0 and PI 7.1 features.