cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reserving stock for a particular customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a customer who provides us a forecast for delivering 1000 Pcs of Material XYZ some where in the end of year (for example).

But we actually know the customer requirement in terms of a Customer PO / Sales order only prior to few days.

In this regard, can we reserve stock for a particular customer via Reservations? I think there is a possibility to create a Reservation against the Sales Order, but the problem is we won’t be creating the Sales order until the actual requirement comes in.

Can somebody explain what will be the best method to handle this?

Many Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I created a new Storage location. I want to exclude this Storage location from Availability check for all other customers except one customer.

Just analyzing a User exit(EXIT_SAPLATPC_001). Project: ATP00001

Can I use this?

Tried some initial debugging, but couldn’t actually understand , how can I exclude a particular storage location based on Customer.

P.S: Planning is not active for this Material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suzane,

I think many of the people have missed the point here.

We have a very similar requirement to yours and it is not easyto do this in SAP without some of the add-on modules.

We need a solution which does not require blocking and unblocking stock, moving it around, as all these 'solutions' require additional processing which, again you do not want to do.

I was requested to provide a solution and what we are about to test is using condition records to set up the quantity to be reserved for a customer. What this will allow us to do is check the ATP stock and then compare it with the quantity we want reserved and only confirm the amount that is left. When an order is raised for the customer the stock is reserved for the system allows them to take 'their' stock.

Needs a little coding in the user exit but this should do the trick.

This way its pretty standard uses standard SAP concepts and with condition records you also have validity periods that you can use so you can reserve stock at different time.

Let me know if this helps. I know that the question was posted a long time ago but since it was still open.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI RAFIQUE

can plz explane me the steps u maintaind while maintaining the condition record and was it successful?

i need to see what u did bcoz i do have the same problem so waiting for ur reply

regards

subhrangshu

nrameshkumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sales guys can block the stock, but they will not be knowing exactly when the stock will be availble in SAP.

If the stock is available & just in the mean time if sales guys are not quick enough to block the stock for priority customer, this batch/stock may be committed to a different customer(many of the times SO comes online from dealers).

Am still hoping, there must be some standard SAP solution for this scenario. Doesn't this seem to be a very normal issue faced by companies?

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, but your answer isn't clear to me. Sales guys don't have to do anything with the stock...

The stock has to be blocked in SAP by WH workers. After that it has to be posted to unrestricted when you want to ship out the goods. In the meanwhile sales guys don't have to worry because the goods will be in blocked stock category.

I don't think that it would be the best process / solution, but if you don't want to reconsider your business process and still you want to solve your problem...

All the best,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suzane,

As Lakshmipathi mentioned consignment process seems best fit for you requirement. Once you created consignment fill-up for the customer, that particular material & qty will be moved form un-restricted stock to customer consignment stock. So this stock will not be available for any other customers. Once you receive the PO from the customer, just create a consignment issue order. At that time ATP will check the customer consignment stock and confirms the qty. This will give you very clear picture of your reserved stocks and deliveries.

I hope it will help you.

Thank you

Venkata G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggestion. But for this material we do not use MRP.

MRP Type = ND (No Planning)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Strange to me...

In this case I think you could use 'blocked' stock category or batch status 'restricted' to solve your problem.

(e.g. you could set the stock type to blocked and receiving batch could be an ID that would identify the customer)

Just an idea...

BR

Csaba

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try after activating the TOR at schedule line (level used for Quotation). Hope it will transfer the requirement and fixes the stock for this quotation.

This is only a guess and please try and post the result.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the reply.

Here's what i tried to do.

lets say Initial stock for Material is 0 Pc

Created a Quotation for the required Customer A ,for 200 Pc.

Then Created a Reservation for 200 Pc (0 Pc Confirmed for this Rservation) referencing this Quotation.

Then Uploaded 100 Pc of Un-restricted stock for this material.

When i look at the Reservation(via Co06) , still nothing is confirmed against the Reservation.

Then if a New sales order is raised by lets say another department for a different customer B, this 100 pc is confirmed for that order.(which i do not wish to happen)

Can somebody advise , how i can get the new stock allocated towards the open Reservation.

Also how can this Reservation be issued to the Actual Sales order which will be created for customer A.(please note the reservation was created for a Quotation. else if it would have been created against a Sales order, this could be issued via Mvt type 231)

Many Thanks for your advise.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suzane,

Sorry for my poor understanding...but why don't you create a PIR to represent your customer's forecast in the system? In this case MRP would calculate with this requirement, and there would be no need for any reservation...

(If your strategy is MTO, MRP won't calculate with PIR but your stock that isn't in SO special stock won't be consumed.)

You can also set the stock category of your stock from unrestricted to QI in this case MRP will calculate with it but a little bit more difficult to execute PGI for it as normally..

But my suggestion is (maybe there's a more exact solution) that you should create PIR (that is in harmony with your real situation), and after getting PO from your customer you could create SO.

BR

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can somebody share thier experiences please....

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi suzane

Through scheduling agreements we can reserve the stock by giving the delivery dates and the quantities

t.code for creation of scheduling agreements VA31

I hope in this way you can reserve the stock

I hope this may help you

Plz let me know

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think Consignment will be right approach.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just tried to create a Reservation against the Quotation, but guess i need to specify a GL account or i need to configure account determination settings( else it's giving this error: Account determination for entry FR01 GBB FR01 VKA 1000 not possible)

Is there a possibility to NOT specify any GL account.

Many Thanks for your replies.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear suzane

Why dont you try the consignment fillup (order type KB) process where if stock is available in FERT location, once you do fillup (631 movement) delivery, the stock will be allocated to that particular sold to party. Once the customer really confirms the order, you can create issue (order type KE) order, issue delivery and commercial invoice.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Linda,

Regarding blocking stock against a quotation, I dont know how to do it thru a reservation. I would suggest you do this via the avaibility check. As far as I know, you should not face this problem. I'll try to get some more details asap.

Regards

Nikhilesh

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Try Tcodes MB21 and MBVR

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suzane,

You can reserve materials against a quotation. This should not be a problem for your circumstance. But you need to ensure your system configuration is set for this.

So the moment you get to know the requirement from the customer, create the quotation. This will reserve the stock, for the availability check.

Hope this is useful,

Regards

Nikhilesh