cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting form method to POST to hide URL using WWW_GET_REPORT with webrfc

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to hide the URL details when running webrfc reports. The link contains information that we want to hide form the user.

Is there a way of setting the form method to POST rather than GET when running a report using webrfc function WWW_GET_REPORT.

Thank you

Karen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes its possible.

for example, if you have a report with a selection screen parameter called abc .

(parameters: abc(10) .)

then the code would be

form method="POST" action="http://abaphost.domain.com:1080/sap/bc/webrfc?sap-client=001" > 
 input name="PARC_ABC" size= 10 maxlength= 10 >
 input type=hidden name= _FUNCTION  size= 30  value= WWW_GET_REPORT >                                                                       
 input type=hidden name= _REPORT  size= 30  value= Y_TEST_WEBRFC >  
  input type="submit" value="Execute report">     
  /form>

Regards

Raja

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunatley I don't think my question was very clear. I am opening the report without using a selection screen from a hyperlink like the following

<a href="http://servername/scripts/wgate/webrfc/!?FUNCTION=WWW_GET_REPORT&_REPORT=ZREPORT&_TEMPLATE=HR_DEFAULT_WEBREPORTING&SELN_S_WEEK-LOW=zweek_no&SELN_S_PERNR-LOW=`PERSDATA-PERNR`&CBOC_P_UTIL=ON"

Is there somewhere in the link where I can change the GET to POST or somewhere in the SAP settings where I can change this. It looks like you are creating your own selection screen. Is this correct? Sorry if I've misunderstood your answer.

Thank you

Karen

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am opening the report without using a selection screen from a hyperlink like the following

do you mean to say that while hovering the mouse over the link you dont want the user to see the underlying link but just execute it?

for example , if you hover your mouse over some links in the web (say for example something says "click here") you will see the whole url (sometimes) in the browser task bar. are you trying to avoid it?

yes the example i had shown is my own sel screen.

Raja

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

When you click on the link I described you get a report results screen. The address bar in the web browser displays the whole link. The report is run from within CATS for the current CATS employee. However, someone could cut and paste this link and change the employee number to see someone elses report. This is what we are trying to avoid.

If we could have form method=POST in the results screen then the user can not copy or change the link.

I thought we might be able to change this in the report template, but this doesn't look possible.

Thanks again for your help

Karen

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in such a case, instead of your current method of using <a href....., you have to use the method i had suggested. you have to pute that code in the calling template and you can maintain target attribute to _blank in the <form tag so that the report opens in a new window.

Raja

former_member498918
Participant
0 Kudos

That works. The only problem is that I can't put the link to the report within the existing CATS page where it was, but that isn't a problem.

Thank you for your help.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The only problem is that I can't put the link to the report within the existing CATS page where it was

Why? is it a standard template where you dont want to make changes? or do you have technicial issues implementing them

Answers (0)