cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Variable - Replacement Path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would need to fill a query variable (based on calendar week characteristic) with specific list of values. I need all calendar weeks that are present in infocube, but only if key-figure > 0. So I've created a query with cal. weeks in rows and with suppressed zero rows. Output values from query contains exactly what I need.

Than I created a variable (replacement path) with reference to mentioned query. But it seems to me that the variable does not contain all values displayed in the query, but only filtered values (if I use some restriction of cal. week).

Is it possible to achieve this using replacement path at all?

If not I would appreciate any idea or experiences how to accomplish this requirement.

Many thanks,

regards,

Pavel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavel, I didn't get your requirement 100% . Still, I would like to tell How Replacement path works.

First of all for the Source query you have given condition to restict the output of the query on particular keyfigure value > 0 ...... Right.

Now on second query, you have created the Characteristic variable with Replacement path....here some important things to look at.

while creating the variable, select Processing Type as REPLACEMENT PATH, then in the "Replacement path" Tab, give Replaced variable with.. "Query" ...and at bottom, For QUERY give the query name.

If u want RRI facility from Source Query to Target Query, then u give RRI Connection in T-Code : RSBBS....

...and now when u execute the Second Query, First the first Query will be executed and those filtered values > 0 will be passed to the Second Query's variable input...then the second query will be executed...

But, in your case check once again all settings in Variable in Second Query..and Conditions block in First Query..

It should definitely work...

---Intros.

Edited by: Intros on Apr 25, 2008 1:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gunter, Intros,

many thanks for help.

I had a problem with characteristic restriction.

I used only standard rows supression in query properties, but it is necessary to use condition where KF > 0.

However, many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Pavel

Gunter_Cokl
Participant
0 Kudos

hi!

i think a condition is only a list function, so all data (with reference to the filter) are selected from cube and before showing the values in e.g. BEX your condition hides all values that you don't want to see. That's why your variable selects all calendar weeks.

you can see this if you have a look at the result line. it should be the result of all calendar weeks and not only of the shown ones (if you haven't changed the calculation of the result line).

I had a similar problem and I solved it using a self-created infoobject. the IO is filled during data load with 'X' if there is a calendar week and ' ' if there is no calendar week. Figure out if such a solution works for your data model.

regards,

gunter