cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do we expose the WSDL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a WSDL from ID ( tools > define WS ) and I could able to fire Web service from Altova's XML SPY.

But when I try to fire the Web service from WSNavigator, it says

"Message Servlet is in Status OK

Status information:"

1. How do I expose the WSDL created through XI so that if I place the CC link in URL of the web page, it will pop up the WSDL ( in my local network, atleast)?

Regards,

Nikhil.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Message Servlet is in Status OK

Status information:"

this is not the error message it states that ur WSDL is proper.

Now u can use this WSDl strucutre in IR and u can design and configure ur scenario.

U need to Import the WSDL file in external definition of IR and use that structure.

Refer the below link for more information:

How to use SOAP adapter:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40611dd6-e66e-2910-f383-e80fb44f...

What is ur scenario?

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

its a Soap - File and I am very much able to send the data succesfully using the WSDL ( from Altova SPY ) ( even I see a target file )

Its working with Altova SPY and not working through WSNavigator.

I am just eager to know is my Web service not published publicly?

y is the WS Navigator not able to pick the WSDL when i put the Soap URL ?

Nikhil.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikil,

Exposing Web Services as Callable Objects

Use

Web services are Web interfaces that are based on open and commonly accepted standards and can be integrated into a company’s business scenarios. Using Web services enables you to combine functions implemented in different software components into a single process.

You can expose any web service as a callable object using Guided Procedures (GP) design time. The integration into the GP framework is done transparently by the system.

To expose the function module as a callable object, you must use the wizard that GP design time provides.

Currently Web Service callable objects support the following SOAP encoding styles:

§ SOAP Remote Procedure Call Literal encoding (SOAP RPC-literal)

§ SOAP document-style encoding, which is also known as message-style or document-literal encoding

Prerequisites

· You have created and configured a logical destination to access the required Web services.

See Configuring Logical Destinations for WS Callable Objects.

· You need to know a precise WSDL URL for internal or external Web services that do not require authentication.

Procedure

1. Open the gallery and choose Create Callable Object from the contextual panel.

2. Enter the required basic data as follows:

Parameter

Description

Type

Choose Service ® Web Service.

Name

Enter a name that is used to distinguish the callable object in the gallery. You are not required to use a unique name for the callable object.

Description

Describe the callable object by entering a brief description of its functions.

Original Language

Select the original language in which the callable object is being created.

Folder

Select the folder where the callable object is stored.

You can either use an existing folder, or create a new one.

3. To open the Define Object screen, choose Next.

You can choose one of the following options:

Option

Description

Configuration

Case 1: WDSL URL Select

WSDL URL

You use this option when you want to call internal or external Web services that do not require any security information.

If you are behind a proxy and you want to call an external service, then you should configure your proxy in the Visual Administrator, in the Web Service Container settings.

Enter a string that defines the WSDL URL and press ENTER.

Case 2: Logical Destination Select

Logical Destination

You use this option when you want to:

· Choose from a set of previously defined WSDL files

· Call Web services that need authentication.

· Call ABAP Web services.

To be able to choose a logical destination, you should have created one. For more information, see Configuring Logical Destinations for WS Callable Objects.

To open the configuration screen, choose Select.

a. From the Destination dropdown box, select a Web service destination.

b. You can search for logical destination interfaces by namespace or by pattern.

c. Choose Search.

The list with the logical destination interfaces appears below.

d. Select an interface.

e. To view details about the selected interface, set the Show Additional Info indicator on the right.

f. Choose Accept.

4. On the Web Service Properties screen, select one of the following:

○ A port from the Interface Port Name dropdown box

○ A logical destination (if any) from the Logical Destination Endpoint dropdown box.

5. From the list with the available interface operations, choose an operation.

The operation parameters are displayed in the right-hand part of the screen.

For each particular Web service, different operations are available, for example:

■ StartProcess is an operation defined for the GPProcessDiscoveryWSIL Web service. It creates an instance of a process template.

For more information, see Consuming the GPProcessDiscovery Web Services.

■ CompleteAction is defined for the GPActionDiscoveryWSIL Web service and completes a process step.

For more information, see Consuming the GPActionDiscoveryWSIL Web Service.

6. To open the Define Input screen, choose Next

The input parameters of the web service are automatically detected.

7. To open the Define Output screen, choose Next.

The output parameters of the web service are automatically detected

8. Choose Next, and then Finish and Open.

The callable object design time opens. You can edit the object definition here.

In case of a change in the definition of the Web service you have exposed, you can update the existing callable object through the GP design time. On the Object Definition tab page, choose Update to update input, output, configuration parameters, result states, and exceptions defined for the selected operation.

To check for parameter compatibility, choose Check.

9. To activate the object, choose (Activate).

Example

For an example of exposing a Web service as a callable object, see Importing a Web Service in Guided Procedures.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0fe13f0-0e56-2910-bcb1-cbd79c8f...

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wbihelp/v6rxmx/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wbia_adapters.doc/d...

http://www.riyaz.net/blog/index.php/2007/12/10/xipi-consuming-xi-web-services-using-web-dynpro-part-...

Thanks,

Satya Kuamr..