Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there a Bapi/Fm that can give me Tcode:SM04 data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i want to read logged in users information using a BAPI/FM.

Also another question..Is there a way to create SAP LOGIN ID (SU01) along with Password using a BAPI?

pls advice.

Thanks

Edited by: Hruser on Apr 25, 2008 9:56 AM

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Also another question..Is there a way to create SAP LOGIN ID (SU01) along with Password using a BAPI?

Yes, there is. In BAPI have a look in the branch BASIS -> SECURITY -> USER.

I think you're looking for BAPI_USER_CREATE

For your SM04 question I think you can narrow your search to function modules as SM04 is in no sense a business application.

0 Kudos

yes, even if it is a FM no issue we will wrap it into RFC.

can you pls provide a FM for logged in user information.

Thanks

0 Kudos

ok got it

TH_USER_INFO

Give information about the current user (sessions, workstation logged in from, etc)

TH_USER_LIST

Show which users are logged into an app server

0 Kudos

Sorry, can't find anything for you. SM04 triggers RSM04000_ALV which seems to be a report that doesn't call any fm's (as far as I can see and I'm not an abaper)

Maybe the members in the abap forum can be of more help.

I see you've found it. How did you find it?

Edited by: Jurjen Heeck on Apr 25, 2008 11:51 AM

0 Kudos

funnily found thru google search with search string "sap function module that will give logged in users information"

then got this useful link

string:http://www.sapbrainsonline.com/REFERENCES/FunctionModules/SAP_function_modules_list.html

0 Kudos

And why didn't I think of google instead of confusing myself in SE80 Tunnelvision

Thanks!