cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to convert sender service .... to an ALE logical system

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

You certainly know, what it is about but please, before you write me the link to Michal's weblog, be sure, that I have read it, and my SLD settings and also Adapter spec identifiers are correct...

Do you have any idea, what else could be wrong?

My scenario: I am receiving SOAP message, pushing it into a BPM, splitting it into multiple IDocs and sending them into R/3...

Any suggestion is welcome!

Thanx, Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

a)are you sending IDOCs of same type or

b) different types?

1) if same type, try to configure adapter specific settings for your BPM and give your LS name, which is recognised at P.Profile or your R/3

2) Create a dummy Business service in "service without party" say Z_LS_NAME and set the adapter specific settings for this Biz Service (just as like #1) and use this Biz Service in the header mapping of your Rcr Agreement.

In any case (a or b) #2 would work.

try and let us know the results

Regards

Vishnu

peter_jarsunek
Participant
0 Kudos

Guys, thank you all for your answers.. We have done a lot of settings, but the one, which solved the problem, was to set the Adapter Spec Identifiers FOR THE BPM! We thought, that it should be done only for the IDoc receiving system, but it seems, it was not enough.

Never mind, thank you all..

Now, the IDoc arrive to R/3, but it takes a long long time... (cca 10 min) and for all this time the XI Box processor is used for 80%!!! And I don't know why...

Peter

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter....

this is not a "good practice"

use the header mapping as I've told you

you want to know why?

what if one day, you'll want to send IDOCs from

another BPM ?

hope you get the idea... if not try setting

the same logical system name to another BPM

and see what happens

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Yes, as Michal said it is not a good practice. Try to check the second option of my post, of creating dummy service. this can be used in HDR mapping for any number of scenarios.

Regards

Vishnu

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

agnie
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have got similar problem, it means I am getting the same error message. I am doing 1 IDOC --> BPM --> n IDOCs scenario.

I am using BPM, because it is 1 to n mapping. I am getting one IDOC and I want to send 2 different IDOCs. I am getting the error because I am have not defined logical system in the adapter specific identifier for my BPM service. Could you please tell me which logical system it should be: XI integration server or SAP target system or... ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

The simplest solution is:

In the Reciver aggrement use the name of your XI server (Business System name of your XI server) in the sender service. That should solve your problem.

Let me know if it helps.

Thanks

Abinash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I hope you understand what I am trying to say

Open Receiver determination for R/3.

Check the Sender Service and enter the Business System name of your XI server .

Thanks

Abinash

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

have you tried setting header mapping - sender system inside the IDOC channel ?

does the system which you use in this header mapping

has an entry in the SLD ? <- the standard one from my weblog:)

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just a pointer after BPM in reciever agreement have you checked the header mapping saying what is your sender service.

Best regards,

Satish