cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending to SAP systems as "System without Partner"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

we are discussing different models for sending and receiving data to other SAP an non-SAP systems. We have found 2 possibilities to do that:

- Sending to systems without defining a partner, just as a Business Service

- Sending to systems with defining a partner and configuring everything you need in the partner definition

Can anyone tell me what are the best approaches?

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Sending to systems without defining a partner, just as a Business Service .

A) When there is aplication to application (internal company processes ) integration then no need of defining partner u can directly create the business service and use it.

refer the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5d/8bd43ff9490d65e10000000a114b1d/frameset.htm

2) Sending to systems with defining a partner and configuring everything you need in the partner definition

A) When u have a scenario involving business-to-business (B2B) processes integration that time u go for creating the partner and use it in Configuration.

U need to configure the party identifier tab for that party.

Refer the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/5d/8bd43ff9490d65e10000000a114b1d/frameset.htm

For Example when u have a scenario involving seeburger which is B2B scenario that time u need to configure the party and u need to spcify the customer WAN no in the party identifier tab.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for the quick answers, I forgot to clarify the situation:

We want to send to external companies, they sometimes have a PI system, sometimes not.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

in the case of cross company,,,u need to go for b2b involving partners

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

technically,

If both the SAP and non-SAP in the same landscape then it is a2a otherwise it is b2b

hope this clarifies ur doubt

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks a lot for all of your answers. My doubts are clarified, but would should I do with a supplier who wants to do a b2b scenario but without defining a partner?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

go for the option without a partner... a partner is only involved in B2B scenarios and i suppose yours is not one

regards

krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you dont need to go for a partner when you have to connect to SAP/non-SAP systems within your companys firewall...

regards

krishna