cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM Portal configurations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Very recently we have integrated MDM 5.5 SP4 with our portal server EP6 WAS 6.40 SP16, i also have created the MDM system to connect to MDM repository. But i am totally unaware what could be the next thing? I assigned the std. roles to one user id but i am getting the error. Can anyone please give me or provide any link to document that discribes how we can create applications, how we can use MDM APIs?

Also in my NWDS, i am unable to locate the MDM Perspective. How can i get rid of all these issues?

Please help as i am a newbie for MDM.

Regards,

Ameya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member188632
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I got the solution from help.sap.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ameya,

You could refer the following link for documentation on MDM APIs and Portal Content for MDM.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/43/D7AED5058201B4E10000000A11466F/frameset.htm]

You can find the portal related details under the node Portal Content --> MDM Portal Content Development Guide and MDM APIs under the node Programming Interfaces.

Regard,

Kaushik Koli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Steps for using standard MDM iViews:

1. Deploy the MDM SCAs on your portal

2. Restart the Portal Server

3. Create the MDM System and System Alias

4. Assign the System Alias to the user and complete the user mapping

5. Check the connection of the system with the repository

After the above steps you will be able to use the standard MDM iViews available like Item Details, ResultSet etc.

JAVA APIs

Java APIs are basically used when you want some customization i.e. the functionality required that standard iViews cannot provide and there is no MDM Perspective in NWDS you can either use WebDynpro or Java Perspective and you have to use the APIs available for various operations like Connection with the repository,Session establishment,Workflows etc.

Please refer the Java Doc shipped with the MDM Installation for more information about the classes and methods available for MDM operations.

Hope you will get some idea.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja