cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set the SAPSSO2TICKET parameter for SAP JCo Interface Action

Former Member
0 Kudos

Scenario : We need SSO to be established between MII and SAP R3 4.7. We are using JCo Interface in BLS to run some RFCs. What we need is that no User ID / Password need to be given to execute those RFCs from MII Transaction. So this demands SSO to be in place.

Logically I followed following steps :

1) Netweaver AS on which MII is installed, is the Ticket Issuer.

2) Downloaded the TICKET from Visual Admin and set it up in R3 from STRUSTSSO2.

Now the hiccup point is how to set the parameter SAPSSO2TICKET, so that LogonTickets assigned to User logged in the MII, be passed to the requests to R3 systems?? This Parameter need to be set equal to String Representation of the LOGON TICKET.

So question is how to get the String Representation of the Logon Tickets?

Few points and questions in this regards :

1) Had this been the Portal, I would have used the Security APIs, and then by getting the IUser Object, I would have retrieved the Logon Ticket and through enrich my HTTP request would be having the Logon Tickets passed.

Can we access UME API's from within BLS, if yes How?

2) Any other way to get the Logon Ticket and pass it along with the Request from within the BLS.

Any ideas, suggestions??

Help greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

When you log into MII the user session will have the MYSAPSSO2 in it. You will need to verify that autobind is turned on for the xacute connector in the data server dialog. Then you just create a transaction input called MYSAPSSO2 in each transaction and then link it to the SAPSSO2Ticket in the JCO action.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats not all.

Have a look @ SAP Note 1141002.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Jamie and Udayan for the quick response.

Well I asked this question proactively. I'll be realizing these things, somewhere round next week. Well my question has been answered, and thanks a lot to both of you.

I am keeping this Thread Open as of now, will close it in a day or two.

I have one more question :: Can I access the UME APIs from within BLS.

a) In earlier MII version we were using to get the Login ID for the person logged in. What if I need to get the other identifiers of the User Logged In, like EMail ID, First Name and Last Name, which are maintained in User Profile.

Also there is a scenario wherein User ID in R3 is not same as that of MII, so is there a way out to maintain the User Mappings, we can very well do this is Enterprise Portals :: throught User Management Role and also programatically by accessing IUser and User Mapping Interfaces.

Help greatly appreciated.

And thanks a lot once again to both of you

jamie_cawley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Anything that is in the user's session can be passed in using the same method. Autobind needs to be on and an input with the same name needs to exist. Not sure about the user mapping.

Regards,

Jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Similar to you can use to get the Role(s) of the person logged in.

Further in MII 12.0 you can also make use of Custom Attributes and map these to Netweaver Users/Roles and subsequently these Custom Attributes can be accessed using {<attrib name>} on your web page or in your transactions , the way Jamie explained.

Answers (0)