cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top level WBS amount can change in budget after total up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am facing a problem in budget transaction cj30.

The movement when i putted budget figure in T-code then system can't prevent if i am changing the TOP wbs budgeted amount. system does'nt give any error message. can i prevent this thing thru' any validation or user status pls. help.

We are using SAP Release 4.7.

Thanking you,

Vishal Kr. Sharma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you can achieve this with a user status with a business transaction - budgeting disallowed, once you set this status to the top WBS the value field is grayed out and after any budget change to the lower wbs the top WBS value will not change during the total up.

and if the sum of the lower wbs's is greater then the top WBS the system will throw inconsistency error in the structure..

Hope it will help you..

Regards

Vinayak.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Yes you are correct but when i am going to supplemnt & retrurn in child WBS then system is giving the error that Annual budget 2008 less than distributed budget.so this strategy can't solve my purpose.

Pls. give me the solution.

Thanx in Advance

Vishal K. Sharma,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

As you are aware supplements/returns can be done in two ways - withinrpojects and to projects.

If you are doing within projects the system should not throw errors as you are adjusting the budget within WBS and falls within the total budget for the year.

If you are supplementing/return budget to-projects and not to the top WBS but to the child WBS only, the system will throw error.

and while changing the values in the child WBS, i hope you want the top WBS value not to change..

Hope i have correctly understood your issue..

Regards

Vinayak.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use investment management (IM) module and move budget from IM to PS can you prevent to change the budget on the project.

Rgrds/Håkan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

So in this case i think u try giving budget suppliment for FY 2008 as well.

Warm Regards,

Jatinder Bansal