cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPRouter fails to come up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have installed saprouter as mentioned in help.sap.com and pdf listed in marketplace.

I also have successfully registed service. Created a file saprouttab under \usr\sap\saprouter. But saprouter fails to come up.

D:\usr\sap\saprouter>saprouter -r

trcfile dev_rout

no logging active

• ERROR => invalid lines in './saprouttab', see 'dev_rout' [nirout.cpp 9452]

-

trc file: "dev_rout", trc level: 1, release: "710"

-

Fri Apr 25 11:35:54 2008

SAP Network Interface Router, Version 39.1 (SP3)

command line arg 0: saprouter

command line arg 1: -r

main: pid = 332, ppid = 0, port = 3299, parent port = 0 (0 = parent is not a saprouter)

reading routtab: './saprouttab'

• ERROR => Cannot find source identifyer, skip line 1 [nirout.cpp 9054]

Also, it does not start from services. Says, service timed out, did not respond in timely fashion.

For now I just want to connect my sandbox system to marketplace for both ECC and solman.

Can anyone please fill up the gaps. Also, how to maintain routing table please.

regards, Sean.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shantanu,

Is your problem resolved ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Siddhesh for your suggestions. The problem was solved by simply retstarting the box. I am not sure how.

However we are now facing a new trouble, plz help us with thread "OSS1 connection failing" by Pushp.

thanks a lot again.

regards, Sean.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did reply to your message.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shantanu,

Try opening the file in SAPPAD editor and see if there are any invalid characters in it.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

As I mentioned above, I've made only one entry for unrestricted access. Still it's not coming up.

I guess I'm missing something, but have followed each step given in help.sap.com as well as pdf.

regards, Sean.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shantanu,

It has to be one of the CR LF type issues.

if you are on windows , goto the command prompt and open the saprouttab using MSDOS editor with the following command.

edit /70 <filename>

This will open the file without the usual MSDOS issue of CR LF conversion..

ensure that after the entry you press 'ENTER' key.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Edited by: Siddhesh Ghag on Apr 25, 2008 1:18 PM

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shantanu,

I think you need to start the saprouter properly. How is the service configured ?

ntscmgr install SAProuter -b ...\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p “service -r <parameter>“

In here instead of <parameter> you provide :

-R <saprouttab path>

Check this link here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/4f/992eb9446d11d189700000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Looks like that is what the problem is : ERROR => invalid lines in './saprouttab', its trying to look for saprouttab in ./saprouttab which it cannot find.

If fact i found more evidence for this :

Note 41054 - Installation of the SAPRouter as NT Service

The above note says :

As of version 25 (3.0E) a route permission table file (SAPROUTTAB) must be specified for the Saprouter. When you want to specify the SAProuttab you consequently must also enter '-R <path>\saprouttab' as a <parameter> and create a corresponding SAPROUTTAB (see Note 30289). An installation command could thus be as follows:

ntscmgr install SAPRouter -b c:\saprouter\saprouter.exe -p "service -r -R c:\saprouter\SAPROUTTAB"

If no path to SAPROUTTAB is specified, the SAPROUTTAB must be in a directory which is contained in the PATH variable of the NT system environment, thus for example the SYSTEM32 directory of the Windows NT installation. If the SAPROUTTAB should be in a special directory, this path to SAPROUTTAB must be specified.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Edited by: Siddhesh Ghag on Apr 25, 2008 3:26 PM

Edited by: Siddhesh Ghag on Apr 25, 2008 3:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

PS:

I have given

P * * *

in saprouttab.