cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigating between views of two DCs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I have 2 DCs.. DC1 and DC2. I have shared the required contents among the DCs by creating public parts and using interfaces.

Now, I have views in both DCs.... say Views A, B and C in DC1 and Views X, Y and Z in DC2.

From DC1 view B, I want to navigate to DC2 view X. Then from DC2 view Z, I want to come to DC1 view C.

How do I achieve this?

Please provide your inputs.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Add plugout in the interface view of the second DC.

and call that plug

wdThis.wdGet<COMP_NAME>InterfaceController().firePlugOutToDC1View();

That do work

nikhiL

Edited by: Nikhil Bos on Apr 25, 2008 12:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have embedded the interface views and created plugs and also trigged it.

But after deployment, its giving a dump saying :

" Cannot navigate from view Dc_x_windowInterfaceView because it is not part of the current view assembly "...

Please suggest where I am going wrong ?

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u have not embeded the view in the view Assembly . please check that whether ur view is present in the Window of the Dc Component.

thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

After embedding in the Window only I could create plugs in it.

Using this plug I am triggering another View.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

Just for ur information, I am having the interface view under the Windows node under component. But this view is not listed under the Views node under the component. Is this ok ?

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

The Interface View Present in the window will not be visible in the View List of the component because the interaface view Does not belong to the Component.

I think u have embeded the interface view in the Window In the main dc1.Now just create a datali9nk between the View of main dc 1 to the interface View .so From the main dc1 View we can navigate to the Other Component View .

In the Interafce Controller of Dc2 create a Action and a plug for navigating to the First Dc1 and declare the same action in the Component Controller (Otherwise u will get some build errors)and save the metadata.

in the Component Controller Action method call the View of the first dc Component View .

Finally we are in the Last view of the Second Component dc2 , from here we have to naviagte to the First Component .

u have a Action (Button) for naviagting to the first Component

here u have to call the Component Controller Action method which inturn call the view of the first Dc1 .

Thanks and Regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

Thanks for your valuable supports. I am not able to understand the part where u mentioned...

"In the Interafce Controller of Dc2 create a Action and a plug for navigating to the First Dc1 and declare the same action in the Component Controller (Otherwise u will get some build errors)and save the metadata.

in the Component Controller Action method call the View of the first dc Component View ."

I am listing down the steps i did so far (considering I need to navigate from DC1 to DC2..)

-> Declared the component of DC2 in its Public Part.

-> Added the Public Part of DC2 under the Used DCs of DC1.

-> Added the interface of DC2 in the Used Component of DC1.

-> Embedded an interface view of DC2 under Windows in component of DC1.

-> Create a navigaton link between View of DC1 and interface view of DC2.

Now after this, u asked me to declare a function for calling the FirePlug. I am not understanding where to declare and where to call.

Also, there are 2 Deploy options -

1) DC Project -> Deploy

2) DC Project -> WebDynpro -> Application -> AppName-> Deploy...

Which deploy option shall I use ?

Please provide your valuable suggestions. Its really urgent...

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Can u tell me whether both the component are in the same Application or in different Application and as u said we cant create any action in the Interafce controller and in the Component Controller.

thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

The 2 components are in 2 different applications.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

I am not sure how to get back to the First Development component and in the Component and interface Controller we cant create any action methods .Transferring the data between the component is possible through External Context Mapping.

I will try to resolve ur problem , as Iam working on it.

Thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fistae,

Thanks a lot for your effort. I will wait for your suggestion.

For the time being, another issue has turned up.

When I am doing Project->DC->Build, the build is not happenning. Infact there are no build messages also appearing in the General User Output section...

So the Used DC interfaces are not reflected under the Used Components...

This thing is happening from just a few minutes back... Previously it was Building properly...

Please suggest what might have gone wrong...

Waiting for your suggestions..

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

try building Dc which is used by the other first and then deploy it. After deploying build the second one

nikhiL

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I am unchecking the checkbox "Only build if necessary".

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

0 Kudos

hi,

if u want to navigate from DC1 to DC2 follow the steps

1.create outbound plug in DC2 interface view

2. create public part of DC2 to expose the DC2

3.add DC2 in DC1 using Used DCs option

4.then u can fire a plug from DC1 to DC2 to navigate on action of button

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

I hope u might have exposed thge Dc to the public part .

Supposre Dc1 is the main Component abd u want to fire the plug to the view of the Dc2 , then u have declare the Component Usage and finally Open the data Modellar of the Main Dc1. Embed the InterFaceView and finally create the Navigation link between the Views .ie Fire the plug between the view .

eg :

From DC1 view B, I want to navigate to DC2 view X.

Embed the interfaceView in the windowof the Dc1 and fire the plug to the View b to the Interface View of the Other Dc1

Thanks and regards

Fistae