cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Material is not copied from the bill of material'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

'Material XYZ is not copied from the bill of material' this is the error I am getting while trying to create a sales order for free goods record created in VBN1. what needs to be done to get rid of this error? Please suggest.

Regards,

Raj.

Edited by: RAJA SEKHAR N on Apr 25, 2008 6:42 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maniroopa,Kamesh,

Thanks for the response. actually, my requirement is i want to give 2 give mat.B as free good to Mat.A so in configuring that, i am getting this problem. i was trying to copy an already existing material and this bom thing came up.may be i should try to create a whole new one altogether. plz suggest how to resolve this bom thing and also please clarify whether we can give 2 material types i.e. mat B and Mat.C as free for one Material A.

i.e, 1+2 types of materials.? is it possible in SAP.?

Regards,

Raj

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rajsekhar

BOM doesnt support free goods or vice versa. so what ever materials you have put in BOM , i think the same materials you are trying to assign to the free goods also. that is why , the material is not getting copied.

Just change the material in the free goods i.e VBN2 and assign a material which is not there in BOM. and if your configuration is correct it will trigger

Regards

Srinath

Former Member
0 Kudos

I try to troubleshoot a problem starting from the basic record. In case you would like to do the same -

Check the material master record for the material and see Item category group assigned.

Check item category assignment. Check whether the item category is assigned with the item category usage FREE.

In case everything is fine at this stage, could you reply what are the settings for the above i.e. Item category group of material and Item category assignment? It would help in finding solution.

In my opinion, the system is not reading free goods determination procedure but instead trying to read BOM records. Hence the error for you at the time of creating sales order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I think problem is there in copy control.

Go to VTLA

Select LF-----or

then go to Item & check ur item catagory setting.

I.e for TAE,TAQ. I think this will solve ur problem.

If u check some threds also u will get detailed information about the same.