cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File adapter Append Mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have scenario where i am sending multiple idocs to file ...when i putting the file construction mode to append i can put multiple idoc in to file but i wanna do it on daily basis Means i wanna send the newly crated or changed Idoc on a daily basis to a single file ..

How can i achieve that

SV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when i tried to crate the file name using the Payload field date its giving me the error

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.RecoverableException: Error during variable substitution: java.text.ParseException: Security violation encountered during variable substitution: Content of variable var1 is not safe: 2008/04/28: com.sap.aii.adapter.file.configuration.DynamicConfigurationException: Error during variable substitution: java.text.ParseException: Security violation encountered during variable substitution: Content of variable var1 is not safe: 2008/04/28

Any idea

SV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have to create the newfile daily with append mode for multiple IDOC .. is this possible with simle file adapter or i have to use BPM

SV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SV,

If you have the date field in your idoc make use of that and create your destination file in append mode by setting a variable.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bc/bb79d6061007419a081e58cbeaaf28/content.htm

Else you keep a constant name in your file receiver adapter and then write a script which runs every end of the day and renames it to the current date. This will be a simpler soln.

Regards,

Saravanan.R

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Saravana

Else you keep a constant name in your file receiver adapter and then write a script which runs every end of the day and renames it to the current date. This will be a simpler soln.

I tried by keeping the Date field on Receiver Message type ...

Its giving me the Error

but i have no idea on how we write a script and how to use it

If u can give me better picture would be appreciated

SV

former_member859847
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For multiple idoc's to flat file scenario please go head with BPM.

in BPM we have control and block (deadline and Exception branch) step to raise an exception by 24 hr.

please refer the SAP basis componet scenrio under the following path.

http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns -> integration process.

->BpmPatternCollectTime.

warm regards

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can achieve this using dynamic file names.

Every day different files

FileName-<DD>-<MMM>

chk these

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/11/10/xi-the-same-filename-from-a-sender-to-a-receiver-file-adapter--sp14

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/23/an-interesting-usage-of-variable-substitution-in-xi

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/08/11/solution-to-the-problem-encountered-using-variable-substitution-with-xi-sp12

rgds

Arun