Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sequence of Patching NWDI controlled components and JDI instane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Scenario:

We have Netweaver EP (Sbx, Dev, Qual, Prod) along with DI usage installed. We have NWDI controlled RTS as Dev/Cons/Test/Prod

We have one JDI instance installed for the entire EP/NWDI landscape (It is configured against the Test environment)

Question:

We already applied patch to EP(Sbx) using JSPM.

Now we started to do patching to XSS components using NWDI (to our DEV track).

When do we patch our JDI instance (which is configured with our TEST NWDI system)? Only when we patch our EP(Test), then we patch JDI instance?

Is there a sequence to follow while applying patches?

Thanks so much in advance

WR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go thru the doc listed in this SAP Note 872892 - JDI/NWDI Cookbook for ESS/XSS

Hope its helpful

Edited by: Shaji Jacob on Apr 25, 2008 12:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shaji,

My question is : that when we upgrade NWDI Systems (Like DEV/CONS/TES/PROD) at what point we also have to upgrade JDI system?

Ex: we have NWDI Controlled ABX, ABD, ABQ and ABP systems (Portal systems), where ABX is our SBX (in NWDI runtime system Development and ABD is DEV in NWDI runtime system Consolidation...etc)

We are already on XSS component version 10 and it shows in the old track (XSS_OLD10M) that was there and also in the System Information for ABX (http://portalhostforABX:port/index).

I created a new track (XSS_NEW15M) and attached runtime systems to it.

Now, we upgraded the ABX with the XSS components (ESS/MSS/ASR, etc) using NWDI tool. Checked in all the archives and went to Development tab and then clicked import. It finished successfully with NO broken or Dirty DC's.

Question:

1. After the deployment when i goto System Information in ABX system, it still shows some ESS/MSS/ASR component from the old track (XSS_OLD10M) and some from new track (XSS_NEW15M). Why is that?

2. Should we (developers) redeploy the components that are showing in 10M and not in 15M?

3. Lastly we have one JDI system (SID is JDI) that is controlling all our NWDI development, we need to upgrade that as well to the latest patches. Now, can we upgrade that anytime or have to wait till we patch all our NWDI systems (Consolidation/Test and production)?

I would appreciate if i can get an answer to the above. Thanks a lot.

WR.