SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIQ_AUDIT: Correct Theme Not Being Loaded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While starting to test the PIQ_AUDIT application that ships with ECC 6 on NW 7, I noticed that the standard theme from Design2003 is not getting applied. The logon screen does have the correct theme applied, and thus has the SAP color scheme that I'm used to. However, after control is passed to PIQ_AUDIT, the Web application display becomes "grayscale".

When I looked in the MIME Repository, I noticed that themes other than standard were available, including a "sap_highcont" and "sap_hcb", which I guess might stand for "High Contrast" and "High Contrast Black". What I am seeing could certainly be described as a "high contrast black" theme. However, on a older R/3 machine running SLCM 4.72 and WAS 6.20, I have been getting the standard theme since when I first activated the PIQ_AUDIT application there.

I briefly looked at the page source for "default.htm" to see if a different "ThemeRoot" was being used, but didn't see anything like that. Also, I see nothing in the URL of the application specifying an alternative "sap-theme" parameter.

Does anyone have suggestions about what might be happening to cause this? (Note that I have done nothing out of the ordinary. Basically, I just simply enabled the application in 'SICF'. Also note, that we are not integrating with EP at this point.)

Thank you,

Eric

2 REPLIES 2

0 Kudos

Hello Eric,

This is a bug in the standard.

It has been now rectified.

The technical background of this is, there is an additional parameter 'Sap-Accessibility=X' that is being passed for one of the view which has caused the incorrect theme to load.

This parameter has to be removed for the correct Theme to get loaded.

Thanks,

Kasi

0 Kudos

Hi Kasi,

Yes, I recently filed a bug report about this issue, and this was mentioned in the communication surrounding the resulting note: #1168051.

An inspection of the sources of 'start.htm' shows that the view "EV01" in "Degree Audit" mode is likely the only use case affected by the bug.

Thanks and Regards,

Eric