cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSSQL 2005 performance problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are running on ECC 6.0 MSSQL 2005 windows platform and currently facing some performance issues. No issues from hardware side, CPU and memory are more than enough free.

But response time still more than 2000 ms and no background jobs running or no buffer ratios ....Only thing lot of reports going in Sequential read which is the main problem for us.

I am Oracle basis consultant , but i am not sure if something like shared global area or buffer caches are present on MSSQL platform and if how do i look into performance tuning side form database point of view for MSSQL platform.

Please also let me know if there is any Best parctise or document on fine tuning ...which gives exact things to look into.

Best Regards,

AjitR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jameskayfung_liu
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

It could be due to index fragmentation or outdated index statistics. You might try to rebuild index or update the index statistics using SQL script.

Cheers,

James.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Liu,

Appreciate if you could forward me methodology to rebuild index on MSSQL platform ( as i am oracle DBA) , also any note that couls descrive exact strategy to be followed and monitored for Index fragmentation.

Points rewarded already.

Best Regards,

AjitR

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you mask the question answered because you solve the problem ?

How ?

Thanks Antonio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Antonio Voce ,

Apologies it has been done by mistake....

Please let me know if i need to open new thread or we can continue with the same.

Appreciate your time.

Regards,

AjitR

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

you can change the status of this topic.

Do you have already analyze ST03 data ?

Antonio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this reports are customer reports or standard SAP reports?

if it is customer reports ask ABAPER to look at code.

check following sap note

Note 987961 - FAQ: SQL Server 2005 I/O performance

Note 88416 zero memory administration

103747 - Performance: Parameter recommendations as of Release 4.0

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks..