cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver distributed installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am reading the "SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR2 Java on Windows: Oracle" Installation Guide, and in the Distributed installation section, I am not very sure what they mean about Database Instance of NetWeaver.

If I get it right, the DB instance of NetWeaver must reside on DB Host (e.g. the same server where Oracle is located). Can you please confirm, or decline that? If I understand the Manual correctly, that means that it is impossible to have Oracle and NetWeaver (at least part of it) on different boxes?

Thanks,

Dmytro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are not reading this correctly. The purpose of a Ditributed installation is to seperate the Database instance and the SAP instance(s) over seperate host. The Databse instance ( the Oracle binaries and the datafiles) reside on host A, and the SAP instance resides on host B.

Thus the Oracle and Netwaever components CAN reside on different hosts

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I get your answer right, DataBase instance means Oracle software and database in it? Is it possible to point to an existing database, and if so, do I just create a new database in the same Oracle home, and allow SAP installer to create tablespaces and all other data by itself?

Thanks,

Dmytro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its is possible to point to an existing database in that case you need to installed the database instance as MCOD.

else use a new database.

Answers (0)