cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early Watch Alerts (EWA)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

How to make setting in the Solution Manager so that once a month the EWA is forwarded to SAP and if the EWA is red, then also it is forwarded to SAP?

Thanks & regards,

Kunal Patel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> How to make setting in the Solution Manager so that once a month the EWA is forwarded to SAP and if the EWA is red, then also it is forwarded to SAP?

Hi Kunat,

this are the standard settings.

- Just include the system into a Solution Landscape and EWA is activated

- Ensure, that you have set in EWA Setup "Send to SAP allowed" (or similar).

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

Actually in my Solution Manager, it is not forwarding EWA reports to SAP eventhough the SDCC_OSS rfc destination is working in SOlution Manager as well as satellite systems (i.e. it is not showing the message icon next to the EWA list in DSWP>solution>Solution Monitoring-->Early Watch Alert).

Which is the setting that I should enable for this?

Also, does it incur charge to the customer to send EWA once monthly to SAP?

Thanks & Regards,

Kunal Patel.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Actually in my Solution Manager, it is not forwarding EWA reports to SAP eventhough the SDCC_OSS rfc destination is working in SOlution Manager as well as satellite systems (i.e. it is not showing the message icon next to the EWA list in DSWP>solution>Solution Monitoring-->Early Watch Alert).

> Which is the setting that I should enable for this?

>

> Also, does it incur charge to the customer to send EWA once monthly to SAP?

Hi Kunal

- Check settings via DSWP -> Solution, Operations Setup -> Solution Monitoring -> EarlyWatch Alert -> Setup EarlyWatch Alert

Column "Send to SAP" should be marked for the system.

SAP will only accept EWA for production system.

Check the job log of SM:EXEC SERVICES

Do you see entries like this:

System XXX in Installation 00123456789 is unknown in SAP Support Portal

Message no. AI_SC_EN092

Diagnosis

The system was not found in the buffered data that is read from SAP Support Portal periodically.

Procedure for System Administration

Please check if system ID and installation number are correctly maintained in transaction SMSY.

Please check the batch job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT that reads the data from SAP Support Portal, for error messages regarding this installation number. The job is based on ABAP report AI_SC_REFRESH_READ_ONLY_DATA.

Anyway, please check wether you have scheduled the job. This job retrieves information from SAP

>

> Also, does it incur charge to the customer to send EWA once monthly to SAP?

SAP does not charge extra money for this. This covered by the mainenance.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruediger,

Thanks very much for your reply....It was indeed very informative...

Coming to my question, the 'sent to sap' is ticked at teh given place and also the job log of SM:EXEC SERVICES does not show any entry like you mentioned.

However, there is no job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT scheduled in the Solution Manager.

Doo we have to schedule it manually or it is scheduled automatically when we setup EWA or activate SDCCN?

Thanks & regards,

Kunal.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> However, there is no job REFRESH_ADMIN_DATA_FROM_SUPPORT scheduled in the Solution Manager.

> Do we have to schedule it manually or it is scheduled automatically when we setup EWA or activate SDCCN?

Hi Kunal,

The job is not scheduled via EWA or SDCCN, it' belongs to the general Solution Manager processing.

I have currently no access to a system, so I can not verify how the job is scheduled.

Either check the IMG Activity "Schedule Background Jobs" (or similar" or just schedule the job manually.

Best regards,

Ruediger from Walldorf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I found that there exists a session in SDCCN in last weekend whose number starts with a 'Z', so I guess this indicates that the data is being sent to SAP (Although the message icon I am still unable to see in the Solman.

So, now I have another question that where can we check in SAP website about the result of this processing of EWA by SAP?

Also, another question is that is it possible to schedule EWA without using Solution Manager? And if yes then how?

Thanks & regards,

Kunal.

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I found that there exists a session in SDCCN in last weekend whose number starts with a 'Z', so I guess this indicates that the data is being sent to SAP (Although the message icon I am still unable to see in the Solman.

The Z* Sessions are triggered in the satellite System. It has nothing to do with a SAP Solution Manager EWA. The Z* sessions collects data and send the data to SAP for processing. Processing at SAP is only possible to productive systems.

There is no extra value to perform processing at SAP, because this can be completely (production, quality, test systems) in your SAP Solution Manager

In the SDCCN of the satellite system you should see sessions with name "EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager". This indicates that the session is triggered by the SAP Solution Manager system.

>

> So, now I have another question that where can we check in SAP website about the result of this processing of EWA by SAP?

You can access the generated EWA reports via

www.service.sap.com/support -> my Inbox (SAP Service Channel)

>

> Also, another question is that is it possible to schedule EWA without using Solution Manager? And if yes then how?

Possible, but no longer recommended. See SAP Note 207223.

Best regards,

Ruediger

Answers (0)