cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get content of variant of /sapapo/rtscopy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have to get the content of a variant in an ABAP program. It deals with a variant of /sapapo/rtscopy.

I have to get the content of the selection (button selection condition)

I could use FM RS_VARIANT_CONTENTS but it doesn't work for the selection condition.

Indeed, with this FM, the content of the variable is in table valuetab.The fiel low and high of this table is lengh 45. When i run this FM, i get for the selection condition this line in valuetab:

SELNAME = P_SEL

KIND = S

SIGN = I

OPTION = EQ

LOW = ZC_PRCUST....................IBT100301_12345 (space instead of point)

HIGH = ' '

The field low isn't correct. Indeed, in the variant i have ZC_PRUST from 100301_12345678 to 101101_123456789.

The field low isn't correct because of its size (char 45).

I try to copy this FM. I modify the lengh of the field low (40->256) and now i get:

SELNAME = P_SEL

KIND = S

SIGN = I

OPTION = EQ

LOW = ZC_PRCUST.....................IBT100301_12345678.............................................101101_123456789 (space instead of point)

HIGH = ' '+

Of course, with my ZRS_VARIANT_CONTENTS FM i get the correct value of the selection condition.

But i would like to find another solution. Do you know how i can get the correct value of the selection condition for a variant of /sapapo/rtscopy?

thanks by advance,

LB

Edited by: Laurent BOUDART on Apr 24, 2008 5:25 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was just comparing the character string length, and it looks the space between the infoobject and the next character in your case is 20 characters. We have just 15. You can save 5 characters apparently. I am hoping you are using "tab key" between the infoobject and the next character. Try doing it in the notepad and loading it into selection using the import button to see if it works in your system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.

I try using the notepad and the import button but i don't save 5 characters. Even if i saved 5 characters it is not enough .

I try to debug /sapapo/rtscopy to understand how the correct value is read but, hum, it is not easy.

UPDATE:

In fact the issue is known by sap (note 857357) but they say:

"If you only want to change the content of some

short fields, and you want the longer fields (the ones longer than 45 characters) to remain unchanged ..."

We want to modify the longer fields so this note is not very usefull...

Edited by: Laurent BOUDART on Apr 25, 2008 3:45 PM