Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Upload ABAP Programs from CD Drive & Hard Disk thrgh MiniBASIS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello <b>GREG</b> and SDN

I had purchased the book "SAMS TEACH YOURSELF ABAP/4 in 21 days". from India

ISBN no. # 81-7635-162-8 and received the CD with it from TECHMEDIA.

Plus I have installed successfully the MiniBASIS SAP CD's from the book "ABAP OBJECTS by HORST KELLER & SASCHA KRUGER".

Since it comes with the predefined tables,structures,views and everthing to see the tasks given in the book.

However I am not able to upload the ABAP Programs from the Hard Disk as well as

CD ROM drive.

But I am not able to upload the program in the (*.txt) text format as well as *.bin

format through the Menu path:

<i><b>Utilities>>>More Utilities>>>Upload/Download>>>Upload.</b></i>Then after that no display comes even after waiting for many seconds(120-200).

Please help me out with this ? !!!!!!!!

Regards

Vinay Maithani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI vinay,

you have to upload the program one by one by using import icon in the ABAP editor.

Muthappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthappan

But I am not able to upload the file in the txt format as well as .BIN thrgh <i><b>LOAD LOCAL FILE</b></i> ICON on the screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthappan

But I am not able to upload the file in the txt format as well as .BIN thrgh <i><b>LOAD LOCAL FILE</b></i> ICON on the screen.

May be this feature in this version.

Regards

Vinay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

I will check it and let you know . It may be cause of that installation. why can't you try in NW04 ABAP edition.Try downloading it from SDN and work in that.

Regards

Muthappan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Muthappan

Thanx for the suggestion. Well but since I have a dial up now....But will be having <u><b>Broadband</b></u> within few days Then will I have it in full.

The file is <b>1.26GB</b> BIG!!!

Is the URL for the file as below:

<i>ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/sdn/devkits/netweaver/abap/SAPNetWeaver04SneakPreviewABAP.rar</i>

Also What do I need to have it installed...Will it be smoother that the MiniBASIS.

Regards

Vinay

> Hi Vinay,

>

> I will check it and let you know . It may be cause

> e of that installation. why can't you try in NW04

> ABAP edition.Try downloading it from SDN and work in

> that.

>

> Regards

>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vinay

I was able to upload some of the data that came with the SAM's TY21 ABAP, onto miniSAP (4.6D, MBS, windows). But had to run the install program in Debug mode and I had to create some domains and data elements. This disc was created before miniSAP existed, and therefore assumes that it will be install onto a full R/3 system. It uses the definitions from KNA1, LFA1, MARA, and a few others.

On the disc there are screen shots that show how to find out what is new in this release, the current release was quite old. My copy of the book is 1999.