cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot unlock a model VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a problem with a model in Visual Composer. The problem is I cannot unlock a model locked by me. In the "Unlock Models" dialog, I checked my model and clicked on button "Unlock" and the dialog is closed. When I re-open "Unlock Models" dialog, my locked model is always here. I can't also remove the model because it's locked. Finally, I can open my model in read only. I logged as Administrator into Visual Composer.

There are the contains of my vc.log :

Date : 04/24/2008

Time : 15:13:25:217

Message : Admin.UnlockModels , remove of file PublicAgileRefDonGenSociete.mdl1_AgileRefDonGenSociete.mdl failed. exeception: <ERROR code="-1">Server Error: failed to save your changes on model.</ERROR>

Severity : Debug

Category : /System/Server/VCServer

Application : sap.com/VisualComposerServerEar04

Thread : SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_24

Datasource : 18184050:H:\usr\sap\EPD\JC01\j2ee\cluster\server0\log\vcserver\vc.log

Message ID : 00145E36AA16006A00001202000016A800044B9E36ECFDB4

Source Name : /System/Server/VCServer

Argument Objs :

Arguments :

Dsr Component : BCNSSAP009_EPD_18184050

Dsr Transaction : bc46c47011ff11dda08000145e36aa16

Dsr User : X.XXXXXX

Indent : 0

Level : 0

Message Code :

Message Type : 0

Relatives : /System/Server/VCServer

Resource Bundlename :

Session : 113445

Source : /System/Server/VCServer

ThreadObject : SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_24

Transaction :

User : X.XXXXXX

Can I remove the locked model in the Visual Administrator ? in the portal ? or on the hard disk ?

Thank you for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it should not happen like that Your models can be unlocked by ur self without any problem fi you have the adminrights .

One more thing evne admin also not able unlock his models if the super admin is locked the Model .

then you hyave to login with superadmin and unlock it

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Govindu,

I was connected as 'Administrator', and with this login, I cannot unlock my model. I don't know if I can delete the .mdl files on the hard disk (i didn't find these files with Explorer).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

After several days of search, i founded a ...gross method to "unlock" a VC model which don't work in VC IHM environment. Work only if you have right to access to Visual Administrator.

This document indicates that : [https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/659c082e-0c01-0010-2e9f-ac674cfff2d2|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/659c082e-0c01-0010-2e9f-ac674cfff2d2]

In Visual Administrator, under Runtime / Display Configuration tabs, all locked or actually opened models are in Configurations / developmentserver / ClientWorkspaces / Environment / Copy. Select the locked model and delete it. To be done carefully, of course.

regards

Francois