cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Path for JSPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I start JSPM in the every first screen it is asking for a profile path.

In the complete directory installation strucutre I am not able to find SYS\profile\<SID>_<Central instance name>_<host> directories,

Do I have to create them manually or is there some post-installation config to be run to have this directory visible

OR

Where should I point profile path for JSPM.

I looked at: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/43/941e66633821b5e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm but as I said above required directory strucutre does not exists on my server.

Thanks in advance,

CD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you able to see any directory like:

/usr/sap ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thats where the directory struct starts,

usr/sap and so on....

Which dir I should point for profile path?

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello CSD,

I think you are missing something.

Check this URL and start JSPM as per the instructions given here.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/87/4797422930c56ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I start the JSPM same way but in the pre-reks it says:

Directories and files have not been deleted, renamed, or created in the following directories and their subdirectories: /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe and /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile. Otherwise, JSPM cannot detect the kernel and the system profiles, and cannot be started. If a backup of the kernel and the system profiles has been required, it has been created in a different directory.

On my server after /usr/sap/<SID>/ there is not directory called SYS, rather this directory does not exists in the complete installation directory structure.

How can I fix this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Was directory SYS <dir> a NFS mount ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure what you are asking.

Do you mean that drive is NTFS? Yes it is..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that means your OS is windows. Seeing the <dir> path mentioned above though it was on Unix.

So if your SYS dir missing its a major issue. Did you try login as administrator and check if you can find the folder.

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing, this is a java add-in installation for the BI Abap stack.

So on the same server also exists /sapmnt/<SID>/profile

Do you guys thinks that /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/profile is linked to the above one...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes they are Symbolic links

Former Member
0 Kudos

So should I point profie path to /sapmnt/<SID>/profile for JSPM also...

Can you please explain how this scenario works, means when I have profile of both ABAP and Java Stack on the same machine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is Win 2003 R2 server and NW is on SP14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can point profile path to /sapmnt/<SID>/profile

Regarding the directory structure check page 30 on the Installation Guide (ABAP +JAVA).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

Can you explain me the concept of symbolic link whcih you said in previous one..

Edited by: CSD . on Apr 24, 2008 4:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey thanks for that, but one question still bothers me. In any case shouldnt /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS directory exists. For symbolic to be present shouldnt dir /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS physically exists.

Or do you think in my case while installing the Java these files were installed under sapmnt.

Answers (0)