cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphical layout of a carton

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I m in big trouble and i expect a solution as soon as possible.

I have been hired by a company which manufactures medical cartons and CMC is implementing SAP for them.

Basically their product is a pharmaceutical carton which can contain either a tablet strip, syrup, ointment etc, for eg. the red colored Colgate carton.

The customer provides the layout and the graphichs for the carton.

Now, we had a software which was VB based that helped to optimise the actual printing page so that minimum print paper is wasted. The screen has two tabs called Cost and Template.

Procedure:In the Layout tab-> We enter the dimensions (width, length, height) in the column on the left side.

Based on that, the software decides how many ups i.e actual cartons can be adjusted on one particular page. The output is the percentage of paper that will be used. Its called a yield percent. It should be as high as possible i.e wastage shud be as low as possible.

Then at the top there is a tab called 'C' which is for optimising the cost. There we enter the data like printing rate, varnish rate, transport rate to get the Selling price which will give us max. profit. Here the most important thing is the order quantity.

So basically the software is for designing the layout which will be sent to the printing department AND to optimise the profit.

The software in layman terms helps save paper and make money. I am supposed to design something similar to this package in ABAP code. So I request all of u, please tell me if there is a provision for creating the graphics in ABAP i.e creating the picture for the carton. It should be in such a way that when I change the dimensions the picture should also change.

Please help me. I would be very grateful to u all. If email ids r provided I can send the screenshots.

Waiting for ur reply.

Thanks and regards.

Vipin Varghese.

Edited by: vipin varghese on Apr 24, 2008 2:42 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipin.

Have you got any solution for your issue? I am stuck with similar issue....

It would be really greatful if you can provide the solution for same....

Thanks & Regards,

Akshay