cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approve critical objects in transport requests (ChaRM)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks!

When trying to create transport of copies from within a Change Document (status 'to be tested') the system checks for critical objects in transport requests and prompts a warning that critical objects are to be approved.

I do not want the Change Manager to approve every transport request containing critical objects. I would more likely use this feature as information for the Developer so he is aware of working on critical objects. The Developer should be able to make the approval.

What I found out: only the user whos Business Partner is assigned to Partner Function 'Change Manager" is allowed to make the approval.

More detailed it seems to be Partner Function of type "0008 responsible person"

I tried changing Partner Function Developer from "0016 service group" to "0008 responsible person" but the system won't let me have two Partner Functions of that type in one Change Document.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

/cheers

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

still no solution yet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For any user to approve the change req or change doc, he should have the authorization

In your case Developer has to approve means

1. Create a Action definition and maintain the processing parameters for the definition, select the partner fn as Developer

2. Create the customized status in your status profile and its corresponding Authorization code also.

3. Assign the Authorization code for Developer under teh authorization object B_USERSTAT

By this Developer wil get the authorization for approving the change doc for the particular status

If solves your query then mark the thread as answered

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... what I already got is the default action to approve critical objects.

Method: HF_EXECUTE_ACTION

Parameter: ACTION_ID APPRV_CRTCLS

The deal is that - if I call this action as a developer (for instance business partner 100) - I am not allowed to approve critical objects at the popup screen.

Only business partner who is assigned to role change manager (for instance 110) is allowed to make the approval.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is another solution beside modification?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anyone?