cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to give the Scales in Rebete condition Record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP gurus,

This is my Client Rebate process. They give the Rebates based on the following details :

Quantity Rebate Scheme Rebate %

a. 40 - 60 tons per year 3 %

b. 61 - 100 tons per year 4 %

c.101 tons and above 5 %

When i created the Rebate condition record in VBo1 , i entered the Material no and the Accruals is 3. Then i selected Scales.

In which i have maintained :

Scale Qty -- Amount

40KG -- 3 %

61 KG -- 4 %

101 KG -- 5 %

Then i created Sales order for 65 KG . So the system should take 4 % Rebate in the Invoice. But it took only 3%.I want to know Where was my Mistake.

1.How should i maintain the Condition record for this Process. ?

2.How can i control if the Customer buys 40 KG then only he is eligible for Rebate. ( If i create a sales order for 5 KG the system will calculate the Rebate for 5 KG. If i want to create a rebate partial settlement i can do this) .

Thanks inadvance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP SD Gurus

Thanksa lot for your valuable informations.

Now i understood my requirement could not be done in Rebates. But still i have some doubts in this.

I explain my requirement again.

If a customer orders 5 Tons of material in one sales order he will get a discount of Rs 3 per Kg. But the Discount money will not give to the customer immediately. It will be paid after the Agreement period. My client will calculate the Discount Values Manually say for an example on Monthly basis. They see all of the invoices in the respetive month and if any invoice weight exceeds 5 Tons then they will take this to the Discount G/L Account.

1.If i create a new Discount condition type (ZK00) what about the Account Keys. Which one should i give ERS or ERB & ERL.

2. Where can i maintain the condition record ? In VK11 or VBo1 .

3. The Discount condition value should not affect the price in the Invoice. That is it should not reduce the selling price PR00.

To do this i can activate "Statistics" in the Pricing procudure V/08. Is it right ?

4. How can i create a Partial rebate Credit Memo (B3) and Final Settlement (B1) in this situvation ?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Waiting for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Client Rebate requirement is

If the Customer orders 5 Tons material in one Sales order then he is qualify for Rebate Scheme (Rs. 3 per KG) .

If the Customer orders 4.5 Tons or 4.9 Tons then he is not eligible to get the Rebate .

How can i maintain that requirement ?

I can maintain in VBo1. But i wont work. For Ex.

Customer ordered 2 Sales orders.

1 st sales order created for 4 Tons . 2 nd sales order created for 1.5 Tons. Now system will take 2 sales orders Total weight 5.5 tons and it will update in VBo2.

But this is not my requirement. It should not add the Weights .

Kindly give me the solution .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I discussed clearly in previous reply that your requirement does not come under Rebates.

You cannot use Rebates in SAP to meet your requirements.

Create a condition record for discounts, using scales, and it would work out for your requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Kamesh is right! Your scenario is regarding discounts and not rebate!

Why dont you maintain a discount condition type, which has a quantity scale basis.

in the condition type, you can maintain the required scale and the relevant discount.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

while maintaining rebate agreements u maintain condition records at that time u can maintain scales.

reagards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

The procedure you are doing is correct.

Since your rebate is quantity dependent, Did you choose agreement type as 0002 and condition type as B002?

Regarding second part of your question -

The rebate depends on quantity sold during the year. Don't confuse with discounts which are for every transaction.

Rebate relevant billing documents created update both the rebate basis and accrual fields automatically.

You can create credit memo to partially settle accruals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the SAP Note regarding scales in rebate process

392711. system will consider the scales only during the final settlement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ragavendra

Thaks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daer Kamesh Yeleswarapu ,

Thanks for your help.

I want to know where i can see the Rebate Discount update ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

To see the accruals, rebate payments and maximum payable amount.

Menu path:

Logistics -> Sales and Distribution -> Master Data -> Agreements -> Rebate arrangement -> Display

Enter the agreement number and choose Enter.

Choose Conditions.

Select the condition line.

Choose Payment data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have to give the Rebates based on the following :

1. From 40 Tons - 60 3 %

2. From 61 Tons - 100 4 %

3. From 101 Tons and above 5 %

But the Base unit of Measurement is KG in MM01.

1000 KG is Equal to 1 Ton.

So (In VBo1) i maintained the rebate condition like this :

a.From 40000 KG-->3 %

b.From 61000 KG--> 4 %

c.From 10000 KG --> 5 %.

Now i create a sales order , i enter the order qty is 30.so the material is 30 KG. But the system calculates the Accruals for 3 % and it ubdates in VBo2.

What my doubt is :

1.If the customer orders minimum 40000 KG then only he is eligible for Rebete. Then the system should not find the Rebate condition record . Pls clarify this ?

2. If the customer orders 5 Tons in a sales order , our client will pay Rs.3 Per KG. How can i do this ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

system calculates only the accruals value when u create the billing document for 30kg.

the scales are finally applied during the settlement - rebates are for the total supplies during the validity periods. so during settlement system will total up all the quantities from the different billing documents created during this period and then give the rebate as per the scales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rebates are different from other discounts in that they are based on the sales volume generated by the customer within a specified period and are paid retrospectively. The rebate details are defined in a rebate agreement.

A settlement run creates the required credit memo request automatically.

Now to answer your questions

a. Your requirement does not work in Rebates. It works in discounts. Remember Rebates are based on sales volume done by customer during a period. So all billing documents for the said customer and material during the period are included for calculating rebates.

so the best would be to change rebate record to

From 1 KG--> 3 %

From 61000 KG--> 4 %

From 10000 KG --> 5 %

b. your question is not clear. I am presuming that if your customer orders 5 kg, then the rebate should be 3 %. Is it what you meant?

If yes, then above answer gives solution to your question.