cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help in BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sending data to XI using file adapter and writing data to other system using file adapter.I have requirement that when file is receieved by other system then I have to send data to R/3 using proxy.What steps I have to follow to do this scenario using BPM.

Thanks,

Rekha.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

You can have a your scenario like this...

Sender(file)->BPM->Receive step->send step to file receiver(you can request for a transport ack here for file)->Transformation Step (to map from source(file) to proxy structure)->send step(to invoke proxy)->end

Apart from this you need a additional mapping if your source and target file formats are different.

regarding acknowldgement file adapter only supports transport acknowledgements. If you need application acknowledgement then you need to have a build functionality for the same.

Refer note 821267 (question 6) for more info on file adapter acknowledgements.

Also make sure that your R/3 is set up for proxy communication and proxy has been generated in the application system.

You also need to configure your ID with receiver determination, interface determination, communication channels, agreements etc...

Check this for server proxy..

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the response.But I am having one issue here.I have scenario where I have two cases

1 File-XI-File: I have to send a file using XI.But I am not using any mapping here and the message protocol in file adapter is File not File content conversion.

2 When I get the acknowledgement for the above file is written then I have to send the filename(using user defined function in mapping) to proxy in R/3 and execute a report.I dont want to send the file data to Proxy.

But I am getting error in my second send step of BPM that Source payload is empty.Since I am not mapping any field from source mesaage type to target message type in mapping.This mapping is used when I am sending message to proxy.

Thanks for help once again.

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

In File-XI-File: scenario are you writing the traget file with the same name as the source file ?

If yes then you should get the source file name using adapter module (<SP14) or using SP14 XI feature(http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm) in your mapping to pass the it to the proxy.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I am writing the same filename using Adapter specific message properties in File-XI-File scenario.But I have to send that filename to proxy in R/3 and execute a report where I have to specify that filename as one of parameter.

Thanks.

Rekha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rekha,

I think in SP14 you will be able to get the filename in your mapping aswell. Check this weblog (step 3)

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/2664. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

Map the same (filename) to the one of the fileds of target message which is being sent to proxy. Now inside your proxy you have the file name and the same can be passed to your report.

Regards

Anand

Message was edited by: Anand Torgal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I am doing the same but I am getting arror in BPM since no field is mapped from source message type to target message type.

My source mesage type say mtype1 contains one field data of type string.In case 1 file-XI-file I am using the same message type.

In case 2 proxy(after I receive acknowledgement) where I have to send filename using message mapping my source message type is mtype1 and target message type is mtype2 which contains a field filename.

But I am not mapping data from mtype1 to filename of mtype2.Instead I am using user defined function to get filename and mapping to filename of mtype2.

But I am getting error in bpm that No payload is found.

Thanks.

Rekha