Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection for Co-product

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have defined a process like this.

We have a material A, in which will have B & C as other product (Co- product) . we will confirm material A only.

Now my requirement is i want to have inspection in production for the material B&C as individual lots

Kindly give your suggestions.

Selvam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvam,

Assigned characteristics of Co Products in two different operations in the Hearder materials if you don't want to post the Co Products at the time of GR.

in this case system will create inspection lots against header material but you can inspect the co products as their operation descriptions.

hope this idea will solve your issue

thanking you

SADAN

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shouldn't be a problem. Set up inspection like you would for a finished product.

if you want the inspection, you must still do a GR for the co-product to place it in inventory and create the inspection lot.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Craig,

I dont want inspection for the finished materal (i.e for Material A ), i want the material B & C to be inspected. I have assigned inspection type as 03 in the material master and created different task list for each material. but when iam doing GR for the material B&C (co-product) inspection lot is not created.

But lot is created for the same material for the inspection type 04.

Kindly guide me which is best practice.

Selvam

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Turn on 04 inspection for the co-products. Turn it off for the main material. You'll need an inspection plan for each co-product.

Only 04 lots are created at GR. Not 03's. 03's are created when the order is released.

Craig