cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending data to MDM via SAP XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to MDM and have usually seen that data is sent to MDM as an xml file by a file adapter.

Since MDM is a part of SAP Netweaver why cant we use a proxy to send data to MDM?

Regards,

Sampada

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampada,

Yes , MDM is part of Netweaver. However MDM can take data in certain formats only and not in IDocs.

You can even use ABAP API to connect to MDM.

Hope this clears your doubt,

+ An

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi An,

But why cant we configure a proxy in MDM to send data via a proxy

Regards,

Sampada

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THANKS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampada,

Current versions of MDM supports the data in specific formats like XML,Excel,Text etc. We may get the support for proxy in next higher versions since the product is upgrading contineously.

Regards,

Jitesh talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Does that mean that file adapter is the only means in XI to send data to MDM at present??

Regards,

Sampada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampada,

Yes, till now its only mean to post messages from XI to MDM,

ABAP proxies cant be used because MDM is not based on abap stack.

and Java proxies cant provide files in MDM ready folder, FTP is used for that so thats why File adapted is only mean to send data to/from MDM.

I dont know much about java proxies, but if we can link proxy enviornment with MDM and load xml files directly to import manager or ready folder of MDM, then sure we can use. But i dont think we have that functionality till now.

Hope will see in next builds.

BR.

Alok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampada,

There are two transactions available to send the data from R/3 to MDM.

MDMGX

1. For lookup table extraction

2. Data is transferred to MDM via FTP.No need to use XI

MDM_CLNT_EXTR

1. For Main table extraction

2. As per my knowlegde we have to use XI as a middleware

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jitesh,

Actually my question is that while using XI do we have any option of using any adapter other than a File adapter?

Regards,

Sampada

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, because any other adapter don't have FTP with them. and file adapter can post the file on local machine and in ready folder using FTP, thats why i have already said the only mean is File adapter to communicate between XI amd MDM.

Another reason is MDM not based on abap stack you can not write abap code there, it does not understand idoc, rfc, http communication

BR,

Alok

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Apr 24, 2008 5:47 PM

Edited by: Alok Sharma on Apr 24, 2008 5:48 PM