cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accing the component controller of one DC from another DC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

I have 2 DCs- DC1 and DC2 (webdynpro). I need to access the component controller of DC1 from DC2.

I have done the following things...

-- Created a public part in DC1 and added its component controller to the public part... Then Rebuild DC1.

--- Under the Used DCs in DC2, I have added the DC1 and then Rebuild DC2.

Now when I am trying to create a component under the Used Components in DC2, its not giving me the option of adding the component controller of DC1 on the click of the Browse window.

Am I following the right process ?

Also, both DC1 and DC2 has different Applications. How can I call the application of DC1 from DC2. I have an idea that triggers have to be used. But I do not know how to implement.

Please provide your suggestions...

Thanks and Regards,

Sayan Ghosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sayan,

Do the DC Build of your DC1 after creating the public part.i.e., right click in DC1 ->Develop Component ->Build. then it will show your DC! now click on ok to build it. Then aftr doing the remaining steps you can see the DC1 in Used Components in DC2.

Thanks n Regards,

Jhansi Miryala

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

u have exposed the dc1 to the public part , but u have add the component in the component properties .

go the second component dc2 RightClick UsedComponent-->show in --> componentProperties

and finally go to the dependecy tab where u have add the dc1 to the Dc2.

After doing this u have build bothe component as Right Click UsedComponent (DC2)-->Buid.

Fianlly create the component Usage for the Data Communication between the 2 DCS

Thanks and regards

Fistae

PradeepBondla
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

did you syncronized the DC's?

Open the Package Explorer view.

2. From the context menu of your project, choose Development Component ® Sync Used DCs.

A dialog Sync Used Development Components appears.

3. Select the library project DC and make sure that the Build DCs after sync indicator is selected.

4. Choose OK.

all the procedure you can find in below link....

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/3ec17a9891749de10000000a11466f/content.htm

or

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/3ec17a9891749de10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

regards,

Pradeep