cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Agreement / IDOC: control record - sender party XI system possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

in communication between ERP and XI (and external partners) via IDOC is it possible to have for inbound IDOCs one single partner profile for the XI-logical system?

for outbound IDOCs you can define one partner profile for the logical system XI and send all outgoing IDOCs via the XI logical system to external partners.

for inbound IDOCs in the control record the logical system of the sending business system/service is used. I didn't get it managed to switch the sender party in the IDOC control record to the XI logical system. I tried some combinations in receiver agreement header mapping but it didn't work.

When I try to set the sender party in receiver agreement in the header mapping to the XI logical system name, I get an error in XI message monitoring that "unable to convert the sender service <sender party> to an ALE logical system" .

Has anybody an idea to switch to manage it that like in outbound IDOC partner profiles you can work in inbound IDOC partner profiles only with the XI-logical system and not with many partner system logical systems?

Thanx a lot

regards

Hans

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

in communication between ERP and XI (and external partners) via IDOC is it possible to have for inbound IDOCs one single partner profile for the XI-logical system?

Basically we need not to maintain any partner profiles at XI side.At ERP side one partner Profile will do the thing.

And in simple..

To make any communication between ERP and XI .we should have 2 logical systems, no more than two.

partner profiles are from ERP side only..at XI end we will go along with IDX1,IDX2 T-codes.

Please come back ,if you need more clarification.

BestRegards,

Ramesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

The errors like "unable to convert the sender service <sender party> to an ALE logical system" occurs when Adapter specific details are not specified properly.

To provide the details at the Idoc adapter end :

Go to Service -> Adapter specific identifiers, give any unique logical system name. (You can ignore other details). This is necessary for SAP R/3 system to identify the system from which data is coming.

If these details are not given XI will give the following error.

ERROR: Unable to convert sender service BDSDEV001 to an ALE logical system.

Also refer :

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/877c0d53-0801-0010-3bb0-e38d5ecd...

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/xi-error--unable-to-convert-the-sender-service-to-an-ale-logical-system

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Shibani

*P.S :Reward with points if helpful*