cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver Determination Understanding Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a question regarding receiver determination in a scenario where I have to send Orders Idocs to multiple Suppliers. For each supplier I would create a new partner with a corresponding communication channel. Since I have one Business system sending the orders idoc I have to set up receiver determination to work correctly. Are there any documents for this kind of scenario?

Regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thank you for all the fast replies. The point I'm not getting is that I am sending Idocs from our ERP system to PI. In PI we do a receiver determination for thos Order Idocs. Can I determine the receiver by its supplier number from our ERP? When I have found the supplier number then we can send the documents to the appropriate Partner.

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is the supplier number part of the payload?

If yes it's a standard case and you can do it like in this example:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/6a/b7eb412d7f9c39e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot to all of you for answering my question. The solution was though:

In Receiver Determination I had to select the RCVPRN value and put in the partner number for this supplier.

Regards,

Michael

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In receiver determination we specify which receivers a message is to be sent to. Also you can specify more than one receivers for a message.

You can also determine receiver on runtime based on message content by specify condition in condition editor in receiver determination.

Regards

Sami

madanmohan_agrawal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Why do you need any document? Its very simple, you can create it.

1. Create one Receiver determination.

2. Add as many receiver services in that single receiver determinaiton as you want.

3. Create interface determination and receiver agreement for each receiver services.

Pls reward points if it helps you!

BR,

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this link..hope it will help u..

Thanks,

Rajani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2005/08/03/xpath-to-show-the-path-multiple-receivers

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/06/07/customise-your-xpath-expressions-in-receiver-determination

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/09/20/receiver-determination-based-on-the-payload-of-input-dataextended-xpathcontext-object

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you could have more than one receiver in a receiver determination (if this is your question).

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/26/5ccd3bb4560f01e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Regards

Patrick