cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal installaton with local user?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

Is it possible to install a SAP portal server on a server when having an authorization as a local user on that server?

I tried to install SAP portal server 7.0 having an authorization as local User but during the installation, when I got to "Start Java engine", I got timed out and the error was: JC instance not started. My question is whether it has anything to do with my authorization?

On logfile.

WARNING 2008-04-24 10:30:56

Execution of the command "E:\usr\sap\PST\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\startsap.exe name=PST nr=04 SAPDIAHOST=SERVER38" finished with return code -1. Output: STARTSAP failedDetails are written to C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW04S\SYSTEM\MSS\CENTRAL\AS\startPST.log

and logfile:

running E:\usr\sap\PST\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapstart.exe name=PST nr=04 SAPDIAHOST=SERVER38 -wait

SAPSTART finished successfully on SERVER38_PST_04, but at least one process doesn't run correctly:

E:\usr\sap\PST\SYS\exe\uc\NTAMD64\sapstart.exe=>sapparam(1c): No Profile used.

INFO 2008-04-24 10:31:03

Disconnect from message server (SERVER38/3905) succeeded.

ERROR 2008-04-24 10:31:03

CJS-30151 Java process server0 of instance PST/JC04 [Java: (dispatcher: RUNNING, server0: UNKNOWN)] did not start after 3:30 minutes. Giving up.

ERROR 2008-04-24 10:31:03

FCO-00011 The step startJava with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|1|0|NW_CI_Instance|ind|ind|ind|ind|11|0|NW_CI_Instance_StartJava|ind|ind|ind|ind|5|0|startJava was executed with status ERROR .

Thanks .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reza Ejesbo. You can install NETWEAVER 04s (including portal and other) under local user , but he must be on local administrators group. I'm alredy install it many times. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sergo.

So if I am a member of local Users and not Local Groups so I will get problem to install portal?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First say you install the ABAP+JAVA or only JAVA ? Also how you install , are you have a inst guides ?

You say Portal 7.0 , it's means Netweaver 2004s , are you have instguid for this release ? In instguide you can read about local installation :

Local Installation

For a local installation the account used for the installation needs to be a member of the local

Administrators group of the machine involved. In a local installation, all Windows account

information is stored locally on one host and is not visible to any other hosts in the system.

If the SAP system is to run on a single machine, you can perform a local installation.

For a local installation, you need to:

1. Check that the account used for the installation is a member of the local Administrators group.

2. If required, obtain these rights by asking the system administrator to enter the account as a

member of the local Administrators group.

P.S. IF you are member of local users , you are member at least 1 local group.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need <sid>adm to be at least a member of the Administrator group on the Server you're doing the installation.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan.

I am new on portal installations. Du you know what should I say to my administrator to understand that?

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have no experience in portals then the best is for you to read "in detail" the portal installation guide, specially the pre-installation steps available from SAP Marketplace.

Regards

Juan