cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values not coming from the webservices?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I am trying to execute the webservices using model node. While executing my app its getting loaded, but i got only zero values. In backend values are coming. Wat s the reason?

GS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

Are you getting value in Webservice navigator for the input you have given for executing the model?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shabir,

In webservices , i got the result.. .I am not getting the values in my application only..

GS

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check your web services method and parameter type. If the signature is different web service will not be execute. check the data type for the input parameters.

nikhiL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Everything is fine. I have checked with by creating a sample application using same model. In tht application also i am facing same problem. Is it may be the problem with backend? ???

GS

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems strange after generating the model classes and still not getting output!!

could you try giving input in the try..catch block ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes,.. I have tried in try catch... Even i am not getting any exception.. Tht s strange here...

GS

former_member201361
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

use the Messagemanager to check whether the model classes are getting Instantiated .inside the try and catch use

wdComponentApI.getMessageManager().reportSuccess("some message");

and check whether u have invalidated the correct response node.

as u are using the code inside the try and catch , the exception is caught

so in the catch block use the message manager to check whether u are getting any exception.

wdComponentAPI.getMessageManager().reportException("some message"+Exception );

thanks and regards

Fistae

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

If possible can you post the code. And explain the scenario briefly.

Regards,

Gopal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem Solved. Problem is with backend. Now i have chedked with updated Model. Its working fine. Thanks for all u r replies.

GS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

This is a strange scenario. Some possible reasons could be,

1. If the webservice is callinf SAP R3 for data, then while creating a webservice and executing the websercice, you are pointing to different client than the one which you see in wsNavigator.

2. You have not bound the correct input for model execution.

3. You are invalidating the entire request node and not just response node after execution.

4. The model is pointing to wrong webservice or the logical destination defined and has a wrong client(if defined)

5. While Executing a web service, there are some exceptions which was caught within websevice and webservice has not returned any corresponding message in the return type of the webservice method.

6. exceptions caught in webdynpro but not displayed.

and So on and on.

Already you have answered for many of this in the previous section. Please confirm the other things if not answered. also, it would be useful for us if we can get the code used by you.

Thanks ..

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you invalidating the exact output node ?

print size of output node in the try..catch block itself

-nikhiL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes i am invalidating exact output node. I have tried size too.. No use.. .same result..

GS