cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whether i would write user-defined function convert euro into rupee or USD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi expects,

whether it need to right user defined functions for convert the currency into euro or any other currency into rupee or USD.as my client is having business in different region.please help me.

Edited by: santosh kumar sethis on Apr 24, 2008 10:39 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member192892
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

There must be web services available that would do the conversion. If you use UDF u'll probably be using a constant conversion rate.. Usin the web service will provide more flexibility

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member187587
Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest to use a UDF and call an RFC function\BAPI in the ERP system.

Currency conversion values are maintained in the ERP system by the Financial people so you'll have the most updated rates.(maybe even according to the date of purchase)

So 3 scenarios come to mind:

1. if the message is send from a 3rd party system or from ERP ,the currency must be converted already in the message,

2.the RFC of the ERP will do the conversion or you.

3.Find a currency conversion web service that has parameters of date and currency so you'll do the conversion as accurate as possible.

bare in mind:

there might be inconsistency of the money values due to the change in currency from the time the order was placed in the system till the time of entering the SAP .ask for the advise of a financial person so you wont do any mistakes in conversion.

ANY WAY - don't use hard coded constants in XI mapping for currency conversion.

Good luck.

Nimrod

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think that it is a good idea to do this kind of conversion in mapping.

This is a typical application task. In mapping you should only do technical conversion. Of course you cannot use a multiply function. The currency rates change daily!

I recommend to provide the information in the sender or receiver application system.

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

whether it need to right user defined functions for convert the currency into euro or any other currency into rupee or USD

No you don't required any UDF.

By using multiply function from arithmatic category you can do the conversion.

Regards,

Rohit.

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

whether it need to right user defined functions for convert the currency into euro or any other currency into rupee or USD.as my client is having business in different region.

Hope this link is useful to you.

http://www.ozgrid.com/VBA/CurrencyToWords.htm

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can write UDFs for changing the currency value as per the country....

[Mark the helpful answers]

Regards,

AshwinM

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u send me example for this user-defined function convert euro into rupee or USD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

U dont need even to go by UDFs..

Just follow the steps.

1. Go to Yor Msg Mapping. Under Functions. select "Arithmatic".

2. Choose Multilpy function.

3. Map its first input to your Input currency ...say Rupees.

4. Map the second field with Constant with value (42)

5. Map the ouput to your Output Currecny field say USD..

You are done with that...

[Dont forget to mark answers]

Regards,

AshwinM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Let us know your input fields? so that i would tell you how exactly to implement the same.

• You can use a UDF.

• You can use a arithmentic function.

The currency rates are varying on daily basis. So you can't keep the values as fixed in the design. You should use something like value mapping or a lookup from a table where you will get the accurate currency rates.

Valuemapping :

/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool

Regards,

Saravanan.R

Edited by: Saravanan R on Apr 24, 2008 4:00 PM