cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data store table output issue!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am currently facing the problem, that I want to to output data in a table form, which is stored in the data store of visual composer.

The storage is ok. I am able to display the data in a form view, but not in a table.

That's what I have tried. I have taken a table view and inserted one expression field. The expression field formular pointed to the corresponding data store field. Unfortunately the table kept empty.

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards, Patrick.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick (and sorry),

A spinner control has a special feature. It tiggers action when it's value is changed.

You can use this feature to initialize your table.

Add a start point, a signal out with <num1> numeric field, a signal in with <num1> numeric field and a form.

Rename the signals to have the same name and mark the form's visibility to false.

Connect the start point to the signal out and at the mapping asign the value 1 to num1.

Connect the signal in to the form. In the form's configure pane mark num1 to be visible and set it as spinner. Double-click to open the properties popup and in the action tab add system action insert row, set the apply to to your table.

That's it

More manipulations of the spinner ability you can find in my blog:

/people/shay.gold/blog/2007/10/09/use-a-spinner

Shay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick

Your table has no record and that is why you don't see the value in the data store.

If you 'll add a button which will trigger an insert row system action, the new row will show the values you want.

Hope I helped,

Shay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shai!

This works, but is there a possibility of an automatic trigger of this "hidden button" ?

It is very uncomfortable to have a new button, which has to be pushed manually.

Kind regards, Patrick.