cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PP-DS Finite Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an intermediate material whose procurement type is X.

I have limited capacity in-house and hence system shoud generate Pur Req if demand is higher than capacity.

Can anyone tell how can I execute this scenario with which heuristic?

My PPM priority is Zero (Highest) and T-Lane priority is 5 (Lower).

How can I execute finite planning?

Please help.

Thanks,

Vipul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vipul

Please check the help function for Multilevel cost in PPM and it clearly says how the PPM and Tlanes will be selected based on the cost function. I hope this will resolve your query.

Thanks and Regards

Anand Srinivasan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vipul,

Another thought, instead of using priority to select the PPM and Tlane, please try with cost. PPM being less cost as compared to Tlane. The standard heuristics SAP_PP_002 should consider to generate procurement proposals accordingly.

Thanks and Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have product planning situation after the mrp or heuristics run help you can take the decision whether you genarate the production order or purchase requistion.

For overloading you need to level the capacity.System cannot take the decision automatically.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vipul,

If i am not wrong you want system to plan for the product with procurement Type X, which will consume the inhouse capacity first and than create Preqs for remaining quantity. in PPDS.

in this case you can user PPDS optimiser for planning. You need to keep the Procurement cost in Product master higher than the production cost maintained in PPM.

I have used this earlier it surely helps.

let me know if you need some more info.

regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

You are right..i want to generate Planned order till capacity is avaialble and then Pur Requisition for the remaining qty.

Could you please tell me which heuristic i should use in Productioin planning run?

Thanks in advance,

Vipul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use the PPDS Optimiser....

thanks

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I understand PPDS optimizer doesnt create any orders (preqs or Planned order). It just reschedules the ordesr based on the objective functions defined in the optimizer profile.

This is a good scenario and I think the standard heuristics SAP_PP_002 should serve the purpose.

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

PPDS run does create orders... while DS i.e Detailed scheduling part only reschedule or do finite scheduling of the orders once created for which we normally use the DS planning board.

Regards

Kumar