Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese Version no displayed properly after Unicode Conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Recently at a customer site we converted our SAP ERP ECC6 to unicode from non-unicode. After that we have applied chinese ( ZH ) language pack.

But the thing is there are still texts which are being displayed in English or German. such as when we go to MM03, the tabs MRP1, MRP2 and MRP3 are being displayed in english only when I login with ZH language. But when I login with DE, the tabs MRP1, MRP2 and MRP3 are being shown in German.

Also another thing is that all numeric data is being displayed with enmglish characters i,e, ( 1,2,3,...) where I expected them to be displayed in Chinese ( ZH ).

Please share any informationyou are having in this matter.

Regards,

Mandar.

5 REPLIES 5

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandir,

Unicode conversion is not meaning of when you login different language and the text and numbers will be displayed in the login language.

Unicode system having only one code page which can be showed the text and number in exact input format and would not show any junk characters.

In the SAP 4.7 version if you login in the Chinesh language and maintain a material description in same language and

Then if you again login in English language that description will be showed as junk characters(some other symbols).

Whereas in unicode system ECC6 if you maintain the material description in Chinesh and then login in English language you can able to see the material description in exact format.

If I get more information I provide that also.

regards,

Saravanan V

0 Kudos

hallo.

I would like an information.

If I logon in English in an Unicode version SAP ECC 6.0, can I to enter material description in "arabic", "chinese", "cirillic" correctly or do I need to logon in the specific language?

Thanks.

Mario

0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

yes, in Unicode systems you can insert the material descriptions for different languages using EN.

However please notice that there are restrictions when using SE63 (translation Workbench).

Best regards,

Nils Buerckel

SAP AG

former_member721730
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mandar,

Continuation of the above reply to get the chinesh text and information, user would have been login in Chinesh language and entered the information in the Chinesh language then only the information would be displayed in the login language.

regards,

Saravanan V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem got solved. I had to re-apply the Language part of the OCS.

Regards,

Mandar Palshikar