cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model window display error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am seeing strange behaviour with model windows, When I open the model window by clicking on a button it opens it in the new window, clear the view of the parent window and after closing the the model window it brings me back to parent window.

Similar behaviour is also observed with extended value select drop downs. Any idea how to fix this issue.

regards,

Jawed Ali

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its working ok, I don't know what was the problem but restarting the server has done the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you have given wrong parameter for the IWDWindowInfo

Create a new Window say name popwindow and bind a new view to it.

then follow the code

IWDWindowInfo info = wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows( "popwindow");
IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createModalWindow( info);
window.show();

What you have done; i think you gave the same window name and that would be bind to the existing/current view. That may cause the same problem.

This will work.

Regards

Vinod V

Former Member
0 Kudos

This isn't the case. I have verified the code. I am using following IE version:

6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254

is this a problem?

one more thing I have observed that it sometimes runs fine and sometimes doesn't.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure about this problem, Can you try the same in some other browser like firefox( prefer the latest versions).

Some of the WD features are not supported in some browsers; that could be the cause of problem;

If you are sure that your code is right, then try the same code in firefox and let me know the result.

Regards

Vinod V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same situation it worked fine on some occasion and but didn't after some cycles of deployment.